I may have been compensated for this post. If an item is being reviewed, I am not obligated to give a positive review and always use my own words. This disclosure is in accordance with Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Dannelle at email@example.com
10 Helpful Uses Your Microwave Can Do
Microwaves are not just for reheating leftovers or steaming vegetables in a bag. Yes, you can cook many great meals by using your microwave, but there are also many amazing things your microwave can do that you may not be aware of. Below are 10 things your microwave can do to make your life easier.
- Peel Garlic. Place garlic cloves in your microwave for 15 seconds and the thin skin will slide right off of the clove.
- Juice citrus. To get more juice from your lemons and limes, microwave for 20-20 seconds before cutting.
- Toasted nuts. In just 15 seconds you can toast nuts, seeds, and even spices in your microwave for your recipes. For whole spices, place in a microwave safe bowl and zap for 15 seconds at a time until aromatic.
- Soften sugar. Place hardened brown sugar in a plastic sealed bag with a wet paper towel and microwave in 20 second increments until softened. Make sure the break up the lumps as you go.
- Onions. Cut off the ends of the onion and heat it on full power for about 30 seconds. It will lessen the sting to your eyes when chopping.
- Rehydrate stale bread. Just dampen a paper towel and wrap around bread slices or loaf and microwave for about 10 seconds until desired softness is achieved.
- Crispy chips. Keeping chips crispy is easy with your microwave by placing them in a bowl and covering with a damp paper towel. Zap for about 15 seconds for crispy chips.
- Dried herbs. To preserve fresh herbs for longer use, place about a cup of herbs on a paper towel and microwave for 2-3 minutes. Simply crumble the herbs in the paper towel and store in a plastic sealed bag.
- Honey. When your jar of honey becomes crystallized, just remove the lid and place in the microwave on 50% power for 1-2 minutes.
- Easy cleaning. After a messy explosion in the microwave, place a small bowl of water with a tablespoon of vinegar and heat on high for about 5 minutes. The steam will help loosen the mess for easy cleanup.
So your microwave is just not for cooking frozen meals and reheating leftovers. By trying some of these tips, your microwave can save you some money on foods that you would possibly have had to throw away. And easy clean up is a bonus!