You may have spent many a Halloween Nights watching some of your favorite scary monster movies to celebrate the holiday but maybe now you have kiddos and you can’t possibly watch them with the kids around, right?! A lot of the really scary, horror movies are just not appropriate for little kids to watch because of the violence, blood, and horror. You don’t necessarily have to watch scary Halloween movies to have a good time on Halloween. If you have little ones around, here are 10 really great kid-friendly movies to watch with your kids this Halloween!
1. Monsters Inc.: Although this one is not particularly geared toward the Halloween Season, it is still a good one to watch because it introduces monsters to them but in a nice, fun, and silly way. Teach the kids that monsters can be nice and not so scary after all.
2. Nightmare Before Christmas: Tim Burton is an amazing director and The Nightmare Before Christmas is a great one for kids to watch. It is a cross between a Halloween and Christmas movie but it is perfect for the kids to watch because it really brings light to how great the holiday of Halloween is.
3. Halloweentown Series: Halloweentown is a Disney Channel Original Movie series that consists of four movies all about a family of a single mother, three children, and a grandmother who are all witches that live in the regular, mortal world. It is up to them to save their other world known as Halloweentown and it is a great series to watch with your kiddos.
4. Hocus Pocus: Hocus Pocus is a true Halloween classic, whether you’re a child or a grown adult Hocus Pocus is great for everyone. Originally released in 1993 the movie about the Sanderson Sisters and even today, 23 years later, it is still one of the most common and popular Halloween movies around!
5. It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!: Another classic amongst us is It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! This one is absolutely a must to share with your children because it has truly been around for years and years and it’s still just as great today as it ever was. Charlie Brown has several holiday movies but I think It’s the Great Pumpkin is probably one of my favorites.
6. Casper: Another oldie but a goodie! Casper a great movie for kids and I actually really love the movie myself as well. The kids will enjoy it and they’ll get to make a new friend, Casper, the friendly ghost!
7. Halloween is Grinch Night: If you and your kiddos are big fans of How the Grinch Stole Christmas during the Christmas season then you should definitely check this one out as well. Halloween is Grinch Night is actually a pre-quel to How the Grinch Stole Christmas and it is all about the Grinch and all of his shenanigans on Halloween.
8. The Haunted Mansion: This one is great for the older kids to watch because it is not animated so it’s not so kid-like but it is also not a movie only made for adults either. The Haunted Mansion is a great scary, thriller but with a splash of comedy from the funny man himself, Eddie Murphy.
9. Hotel Transylvania: This one is a newer movie just being released in the last few years and it’s a great movie for the kids to watch this Halloween. It is all about Dracula running a Hotel for Monsters and watch what happens when a human discovers the hotel and goes to find out what it is for himself.
10. Goosebumps: Last but not least, Goosebumps is a great one for Halloween! It is all about bringing the books from author, R.L. Stine, to life and a lot of them are great terrors and scares to watch Halloween night.
If you’re looking for something to do on Halloween night besides Trick or Treating or maybe something to do after you get home from Trick or Treating, a movie marathon is a great way to spend the night. If you’re looking for a fun movie to check out on Halloween, these are 10 really great ones to watch with your little ones.