I may have been compensated for this post. If an item is being reviewed, I am not obligated to give a positive review and always use my own words. This disclosure is in accordance with Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Dannelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Monitoring your water intake is so important because drinking water is what keeps you hydrated and healthy. If you’re anything like me, drinking just plain water can be difficult to choke down. I mean water can be kinda boring right? You want some flavor and spunk added to that water, which is why a lot of people use the flavor additives such as MIO or Crystal Light and while those things are great, you can use natural products to get just as great of a flavor with a higher nutrition value for your body! I’m going to be sharing with you ten of my personal favorite water recipes for a delicious taste!
1. Raspberry-Lemon: Water In order to create this combination you are just going to need about 4-5 raspberries per 8 oz of water, and about 2-3 lemon slices per 8 oz. Raspberries are a great berry to use for antioxidant purposes and cleaning toxins out of your body, while lemons are a great source of vitamin C and actually helps to burn fat in your body. Not to mention this amazing combo tastes like raspberry-lemonade.
2. Strawberry-Water: This one is very simple because all you need to add to your water is simply strawberries. I recommend chopping them into quarters and I use about 6-7 whole strawberries per 8 oz of water. This gives you a nice, subtle refreshing flavor while the strawberries really help to release the toxins in your body and creates a detox cleanse.
3. Ginger-Lime: Okay well if you didn’t know already, ginger is absolutely amazing for you body. Ginger has many health benefits including reducing inflammation and even helps to prevent multiple types of cancer. Throwing in the lime will help to make it a more pleasurable flavor with all of the same health benefits.
4. Watermelon Water: Another simple one is a watermelon infused water. Just simply cut up some watermelon and drop it in your water. In my personal opinion watermelon doesn’t give a very strong flavor so I personally like to let watermelon sit in my water overnight in the fridge so it is a bit of a stronger flavor. Watermelon is another great way to detoxify the body.
5. Lemon-Apple Cider Vinegar: This is a great one if you are dieting or attempting to lose weight. This combo helps to boost your metabolism and kick start those fat burning cells to promote weight loss. This can be a bit of a sour/acidic taste so what you can do is add a bit of splenda or stevia to sweeten it up a little bit and it ends up being a pretty good combo.
6. Cucumber-Mint: This is one of my all time favorites because it is simply so clean and refreshing. Cucumbers are great for hydrating your body because they are mostly made up of water, they promote healthy skin and hair care, as well as helping to relieve bad breath. Mint is a great way to help with digestion in your body, can help with reducing gas in your body as well as clean out your sinuses if you are clogged up.
7. Orange-Lemon-Lime: This is a big old mixture of citrus goodness while providing you with a heaping load of Vitamin C. This is an awesome one to drink if you are sick or beginning to feel a cold coming on. It’s absolutely delicious and has a ton of refreshing flavors.
8. Apple-Cinnamon: They always say an apple a day keeps the doctor away, so why not put that apple into your water and get those nutrients while you drink? Throw some cinnamon sticks in there and you are not only adding multiple health benefits, but your drink will now taste like delicious apple pie.
9. Cucumber-Basil: This is another one that is similar to the cucumber-mint recipe. Cucumber once again is great for hydrating your body as well as healthy skin and hair care. The basil will aid in building your immune system as well as aiding in your hair/skin health, basil also helps with your cardiovascular system, and your bone and muscle health.
10. Berry-Blend: For this one I like to just compile various types of berries including raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, and cranberries to create a huge berry blend that is very delicious and great for your health. Berries are a great source of anti-oxidants and really help to boost your immune system.
Water is such an important part of your diet and it will never hurt to add extra vitamins and health benefits! If you’re one that can’t choke down regular plain water, try some of these fun recipes for a fun boost of flavor.