I may have been compensated for this post. If an item is being reviewed, I am not obligated to give a positive review and always use my own words. This disclosure is in accordance with Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Dannelle at email@example.com
I am a firm believer that goals are like a road map —
Let’s say you want to take a vacation: do you just hop in the car and start driving? A rare few do, while most of us make a plan. We figure out a destination, how we are going to get there and what we need along the way.
A goal is like that!
- What do you want to accomplish?
- How will you make it happen?
- What do you need to make it a reality?
See- just like a map for your future.
If you haven’t taken time to make a few goals for this year — I invite you to do it today!
Here are mine, broken down into segments: Health, Family, Home, Education, Business, Finance, Religious/Giving
- Finish the testing for my Heart and do what they say…I might have the same freaky thing my Mom does and have to have the same operation)
- Loose 40# (it will be easier when they tell me I can work out again)
- We eliminated soda from the house in 2011, and fried foods in 2010, this is the year of the nitrates. That means cold cuts/hot dogs, etc. (hubby will cry….but get over it)!
- Scale down the red meat. Our burger is already 50/50 with ground turkey…we still need less of it.
- A vacation this year, just the 3 of us (we usually have my or his folks along…)
- Make Sarah’s “down” day of the week special
- A monthly Date Night with my husband
- Keep packing for the eventual move – the things we don’t really need right NOW
- Get stuff ready for the May Garage Sale – decluttering and freeing ourselves of excess
- Finish the Princess Bedroom – it’s getting close to done
- Finish stairwell project (floor and door)
- Paint living room (going to a beige from the green on green “bag paint”)
- Jack front porch and paint it. (It’s about 90 years old and drooping…also in BAD need of paint)
- Install new dishwasher (It’s been sitting in my garage for 8 years….)
- Install new bathroom vanity (It’s been in the basement for 5 years…)
- Piano lessons for Miss Sarah (scheduled with teacher!)
- Review States/Capitols and introduce Countries
- Start teaching Miss Sarah Spanish
- For me: Learn Tai Chi, Sourdough bread starters, Make Bagels, Make Soap, Make Yogurt in the crock pot, Caulk the bath tub/shower, Can Chicken (It will give me more space in my freezer)
- Double my Tupperware 2011 end result, helping twice as many families reach their goals
- Teach 10 classes a month, helping other families save money at the store
- Keep this blog going, it’s a free resource to a lot of people.
- $5,000 more in the Edvest
- $20,000 more in the House Fund
- $10,000 more in retirement
- $2,000 for a vacation
- $1,200 for annual grocery budget
- $5,000 for our church (includes donations)
- Keep Miss Sarah with a perfect attendance for Sunday School
- Keep the Blessing Bag Ministry Going
- Have our new Sr Pastor over for dinner – they are new to this state
- Keep donating to the food pantry
- Ring Bells for Salvation Army
- Operation Shoebox x 5
- Giving Tree x 5
That about sums up our goal list — I hope you didn’t find it too boring, LOL!
Keep in mind some years our goals were to pay things off (car, credit card, house, doctor bills) …tuck away adoption money…etc. Life is a work in progress — and you have to look at where you are now, and go from there.