I may have been compensated for this post. If an item is being reviewed, I am not obligated to give a positive review and always use my own words. This disclosure is in accordance with Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Dannelle at email@example.com
Every year, I shared my list of cool things to do in the summer and I realized, it was time to do a Summer Bucket List again for the summer of 2014! We have a GREAT summer planned already as we have 10 year old Diana coming next week from the Ukraine to stay with us.
Now, before I get started, let me tell you that you can print off your own list (for free): kids_summer_bucket_list_operation40k
Keep in mind that the idea of a summer bucket list isn’t a list of everything you HAVE to do over the summer!
It’s a list to refer back to when you have those “what should we do today” moments.
There is NO WAY we will get everything on the list done in the 10-12 week window of summer vacation !!! Just like meal planning – some ideas can roll onto the NEXT list if they don’t actually happen on THIS list. Some things are a definitely happening item and some a “fillers”.
Here is OUR list, just in case you need an idea or two to start yours!
This summer seems swallowed up already –
Things I want to do:
- Color Run
- Make Popsicles
- Library and bookstore reading programs
- A “Frozen” family birthday Party for Miss Sarah!
- Girl Scout Event (of their choosing) – A Dance Workshop from an older troop
- Crafting (an ongoing process)
- Church Drive In Movie Night
- Mallards Game
- Make homemade ice cream
- A few family cookouts/pool parties- good so far
- 4th of July parade
- Concerts on the square (free)
- Go to the zoo – going with the scout troop soon!
- Visiting our Children’s Museum
- Picking Strawberries
- Visiting the Madison Farmer’s Market
- Attending the free Kid Workshops at the Home Depot the 1st Saturday of the month
Places I want to go:
- Wisconsin Dells
- Northwoods WI
- Vacation Bible Camp
- Washington DC
- Hershey PA
- New York City, NY
- Orlando FL
- Nashville TN
Things I want to read
- Lemony Snicket Series of Unfortunate Events
- Percy Jackson Series
- 5 American Girl Doll books
Things I want to learn
- Girl Scout “Girl Time” STEM
- Girl Scout Wonders Of Water Journey
- Basic Chemistry
I think that MORE than covers summer for us!!
How is YOUR summer going?