YouTube is a huge source of information and these 25 YouTube Channels For Your Homeschool are going to prove how amazing this video streaming site can be for you. Homeschooling can be such a daunting task, but these channels make it easy to include visual lessons for your children while also being safe for their viewing.
25 YouTube Channels For Your Homeschool
- Khan Academy: This channel has everything you can imagine for review. It features math, physics, coding and more.
- Numberphile: Your children can learn all about numbers and math in real life everyday examples that teach basic and advanced mathematic skills.
- WowMath: This channel has everything from basic algebra to advanced calculus tutorials.
- Computerphile: This channel appeals to the programmer or coder, and also has tons of hacks and ideas for those interested in engineering and software.
- SmarterEveryDay: Watching episodes here will help your children learn more about science, physics, math, and how they combine to change every day activities.
- BrainCraft: Learn more about neuroscience and psychology on this fun-filled channel with new episodes each week.
- Sixty Symbols: Learning about the world around you and how science changes even little things has never been easier. This channel has everything from space theory to fun experiments kids can follow along with at home.
- MinutePhysics: Even your youngest student can learn something new about physics from this fun-filled educational channel.
- Mythbusters: This channel features clips and even full episodes of the famous TV show that challenges many myths in math and science.
- Crash Course Kids: As described, “Science with a side of awesome”. This channel is a great interactive place for kids to learn and have fun.
- It’s Okay To Be Smart: Don’t fear intelligence. Embrace it with tips from this channel and great videos offered here!
- HooplaKidzLab: Science experiment ideas made just for kids are featured on this channel. Great ideas and awesome videos!
- Sick Science!: “Beyond cool experiments, you can do at home” is their tagline, and every episode features just that!
- How It’s Made: This show is a great option for learning about how everyday items are manufactured. We especially love the engineering aspects of this show and the episodes available.
- Head STEAM: Science, technology, engineering, arts, and math are the focus in these great kid-friendly videos.
- ASAPScience: Learn more about science in many aspects of life with tons of fun tutorials, videos, and episodes that are ideal for any student.
- History: You can watch full episodes, clips, and behind the scenes interviews from many popular History Channel shows. There are also many options for great documentaries that fit into your education plan.
- BIO: Watch short biography videos on numerous celebrities and historical figures.
- Whiz Kid Science: Kids doing science experiments? Yes! This channel has tons of amazing experiments done by kids for kids!
- YoKids: This channel has tons of “how to draw” videos that are ideal for kids who have an interest in the arts.
- Life Noggin: Another great channel educating you about life and the science within the world around you.
- DIY TV: Learn how to do tons of different projects yourself on this educational and fun channel for kids.
- Reading Rainbow: Our favorite childhood show has it’s own YouTube Channel encouraging children to expand their minds through reading!
- National Geographic Channel: Everything you expect from National Geographic is featured here on their YouTube channel. Interviews, documentaries, short videos, and full-length episodes are great for education.
- Rockalingua: Learn Spanish with music on this great channel full of fun songs and methods of helping kids learn a second language through music.
This list of YouTube channels for your homeschool is going to revolutionize how you teach your kids. There are so many topics that you can expound on by letting them watch fun videos through these channels. You will know they are learning, and they will love getting the chance to watch TV as school!