I may have been compensated for this post. If an item is being reviewed, I am not obligated to give a positive review and always use my own words. This disclosure is in accordance with Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Dannelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
When I saw this repost from Life As a Mom – I thought it was BRILLIANT! She found veggie trays on clearance and created a list of ways to use those aging veggies up before the point of no return! Read through the list and tell me she isn’t brilliant for thinking out of the molded plastic box that those veggies were sold in!!
1. Thin the dip with buttermilk to make a tasty salad dressing.
2. Saute the broccoli and snap peas in garlic, crushed red pepper, and oil for a delicious vegetable stir fry.
3. Make Lynn’s Panera Bread Broccoli Cheddar Soup.
4. Use the carrots in Carrot Cake and Carrot Muffins.
5. Toss the dill dip with boiled potato chunks and chopped celery and red onion to make a filling potato salad.
6. Boil a pound of pasta and blanch the broccoli, peas, and carrots. Toss together with Italian salad dressing and chopped peppers and tomatoes for a fresh-tasting pasta salad.
7. Boil the carrots and broccoli until tender. Toss with melted butter, ginger, grated orange peel, and a splash of orange juice. Serve hot.
8. Set on the counter and encourage your kids to snack on veggies.
You can read her original post here –http://lifeasmom.com/2008/11/grocery-geek-presents-8-great-ways-with.html
Now I am on the hunt for these!