Something fun, fall and festive for this cooler weather — it is guaranteed to put a smile on their faces!
It’s E-A-S-Y to make and looks impressive — keep in mind that this recipe will yield 12 mini acorn waffles:
1/2 cup Wilton chocolate melts (or you can use chocolate chips)
12 Mini waffles – I used Eggo brand
6 Tootsie Rolls – midget size
Sprinkles – fall colors
1. In the toaster oven, toast the mini waffles. Let cool completely on a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper.
2. Using a knife, cut each Tootsie Roll in half lengthwise. Set aside.
3. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the chocolate melts for 35 seconds. Stir until melted. If the chocolate is not melted after stirring, microwave in 10 second increments and stir until completely melted.
3. Dip the upper portion of the waffle into the melted chocolate ensuring that you cover both sides. Let any excess chocolate drip off.
4. Sprinkle the fall colored sprinkles all over the melted chocolate except at the very top where the stem will be placed.
5. Press a Tootsie Roll piece into the top of the waffle – it will stick to the melted chocolate. Gently lay the waffle down on the lined baking sheet and let set for at least 10 minutes.