Our family calls it Dressing because we usually take a store mix and “dress” it up. You can do Stove Top, Pepperidge Farm, etc – any of those will work. The end result is something totally “plate lickable” and your table guests think you spent hours on it.
Apple Sausage Walnut Dressing
- 2 Boxes Stove Top Stuffing
- 2 Apples, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup raisins, steeped in 1 cup hot water for 30 minutes and drained
- 1 small onion, diced and sauteed
- 4 sausage patties, cooked and chopped
Whip of the Stuffing per the package directions. Stir in the apples, celery, nuts and sausage. Pop into your casserole dish and let the flavors marry each other in the oven – for at least 30 minutes.
Seriously, it’s impressive and they will LOVE it!