This is a great meal for a hot day – Asian Chicken Bowl! I like to think of Asian food as an incredible harmony of flavors, textures, and colors. It seems like “food art” in my mind and really shows the care that went into preparing the meal.
That is simply just one of the reasons that I like this dish: it has a great selection of colorful and healthy vegetables to compliment the warm chicken. You can easily stretch it with rice or noodles and change the flavor with a simple teriyaki sauce.
Asian Chicken Bowl
- 3 Pounds bite size pieces chicken
- 2 Tbsps garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- Drizzle rice wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Cup mushrooms, sliced
- ½ Red cabbage, grated
- 1 Cucumber, sliced
- Season the chicken with garlic, salt, and pepper.
- In a pot over medium heat add soy sauce, rice wine and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stir until the ingredients are mixed.
- Transfer the chicken to the pot and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl with mushrooms, cabbage, and cucumber.
- Rip into it like a monkey on a cupcake!
Add some teriyaki sauce and serve it with noodles for an Asian takeout experience