I know summer just officially started, but before you can believe it, summer will be over and you will be sending the kiddos back to school! Mine will only be in Kindergarden but we still hunt down a lot of supplies for the school kits we make for Luther World Relief. Last year we made 6 kits, this year we plan to make 10.
We are SOOOO blessed when compared to so many, it’s great to be able to help other people
If you have kids going to school this fall, see if you cant get a copy of the school supply list (or the one from last year) and slowly start filling it. If you slowly stock up on things, at sales prices, you won’t break the bank when the time finally comes.
This is my rough “go to guide” for pricing from Hot Coupon World – it’s her list of best price points you should be watching for this summer on back-to-school basics. I found that between Staples and Walgreen’s, I did just as well, if not better. You might want to put it on an index card and keep in your wallet (I did, LOL). I know Walgreen’s will have pencils on a great deal starting 7/4!
– Pencil boxes – .10c each
– Pencils 10pk – .25c or less
– Spiral notebooks, 70 pages – .20c or less
– Composition notebooks (black with 100 sheets) – .50c or less
– Crayola or Roseart color pencils – .25c each
– Crayola or Roseart markers – .50c of less
– Glue sticks – Sold in multipacks, the best price would be .10c each, but .20c is still a good deal
– Crayons – any brand – .05c or less each for a 24-ct package
– 8-color water colors – .50c or less
– Loose leaf paper, college or wide-ruled – .50c or less per pack
– Highlighters – 2 for $1, or 3 for $1 for the minis
– Sharpies – .99c for a 2pk of black markers
Armed with the school supply list and a little knowledge of sales prices, getting ready for back-to-school shouldn’t break the bank this year!