We got the back to school list off of the school website and started with the items we already had in stock. We use LAST YEAR’S supplies that we got back at the end of the year. Markers, crayons, etc – they were still good! We also had glue sticks, pencil box and pencil sharpener. That didn’t leave much left on the list.
Now, I know that some of these items are not rock bottom prices, but I won’t have much time to shop over the next few weeks. Wrapping everything up is more important to me.
So, we hit Menards this week — armed with my $26 in Mail In Rebate Checks, I got:
- (4) of the 8pk Fire Starters (for camping!) @$1.99
- (1) 7″ scissors (last years were not pointed) @$.59
- (2) Plastic folders @$.59
- (4) Paper folders @$.39
- (10) Spiral Notebooks @$.89
- (2) Comp Books @$.79
- (1) Hunts 36Ct Pudding @$7.48 — great price!
- (1) Bungee Cord pack @$6.99
- (1) Colored Pencil pack @$.79
- (1) Multi pack pink erasers @$.39
- (3) Watercolor Paints @$.59
- (1) Dry Erase marker pack @$
- (1) Backpack @$6.99
That came to a rolling total of $48.93
Now, take off $26 in MIR checks…. and it came down to $22.93
THEN, Let’s talk rebate money coming back to me!
- $1.50 for the Hunts Pudding
- $8.90 for the Spiral Notebooks
- $7.96 for the Firestarters
- $5.00 for the Bungee Cord Kit
- $4.00 for the backpack
- That is $26.46 in rebates!
I MADE a profit of $3.53
Yes, even Miss Sarah loves Menards Mail In Rebate Program…
How is your back to school shopping going?