I may have been compensated for this post. If an item is being reviewed, I am not obligated to give a positive review and always use my own words. This disclosure is in accordance with Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Dannelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
I love playing games as a family and this list of interactive games for families is just the beginning of our favorites. From fun board games to card games and everything in between, playing games as a family is a wonderful way to connect.
Best Interactive Games For Families
While most game nights include turning off electronics, I am including some great video games that are ideal for game nights. Getting together and doing things as a family is the important part.
These are the games that families gather around the kitchen table to play together. Whether it is a board game with pieces you move around or a game with attachments and pieces that create a theme, this list is full of our favorite fun games.
Interactive Games For Families:
- Pie Face: Tons of fun with this game where the pie arm can go off and smack you in the face with whipped cream at any time. Prepare to get messy!
- HeadBandz: This is a hilarious interactive game that kids will love playing with their parents. It’s a great way to use your imaginations having fun guessing who or what your card says.
- FARKLE: This fun dice game is a great way to play for hours with your kids. Tons of fun ways to play to see who gets the most points.
- Goosebumps: If you have kids that love the books or movies, this game is tons of fun. It’s a spooky yet fun board game.
Classic Games For Families:
- Risk: If your kids love playing war games or battle games, this is a perfect choice. Teach your kids about strategy, defensive maneuvers, and how to lead with this fun game.
- Clue: Everyone loves the game of murder mystery. Grab your clues and work to figure out who was killed in what room and with what tool for murder.
- Monopoly: Everyone loves the real estate game of Monopoly. Work your way around the board and learn about budgeting, managing property and even how hard it is to avoid a trip to jail!
- Yahtzee: We love this dice game that is a combination of classic Poker plays and throwing dice. It’s a family classic that everyone loves.
- Twister: Everyone loves playing Twister. It is one game that is full of laughs and ideal for those wanting to include exercise in game play!
- Battleship: While a two player game only, it’s a great game that involves strategy and can be tons of fun for learning.
- Mexican Train Dominoes: This fun game is ideal for teaching younger kids about numbers and colors, while it can be a fun game of strategy for everyone else at the table.
Card Games For Families:
- UNO: The classic and simple color coded card game is one that children love to play, but adults get serious about. Nothing is more fun than seeing how someone with a Draw Four card will use it in game play!
- Phase 10: This ultimate card game is a favorite if you want to play a game that is all about the luck of the draw. With 10 rounds to conquer your opponents, it really is a game anyone can win. Even the underdog has a chance.
- Skip-Bo: Another great card game, this one focuses on who can go through their spare cards the fastest. It can be a pure game of luck, or can be something that takes time and strategy. It’s ideal for all ages.
- Quiddler: This fun card game is all about putting together words using your cards. I consider it something between Scrabble and UNO but tons more fun.
- Rack-O: This fun game of sequencing is a great educational and fun game. It can go on forever, or end fast and easily. It all depends on the luck of the draw and how closely you pay attention to your cards as you play.
- Dutch Blitz: This fun game is one that requires concentration and a fast hand. Tons of fun watching to see who is the fastest to get through their cards.
- The Oregon Trail Card Game: I haven’t played this yet, but I love the idea of this game as a card game anyone can play anywhere. Perfect for hours of fun play while teaching your kids about what it took to survive on the Oregon trail.
- Rook: This popular card game is one that many love playing. Another game of chance, it is perfect for hours of fun with the kids and learning to watch for what is just around the corner.