When I heard about BooksTo.Me I was intrigued because when becoming a first time mom, I had all intentions of creating scrapbooks for each of my children. Then as my 2nd and then my 3rd child arrived, my time dwindled and so did my motivation to start and complete the scrapbooks. So, now my first born daughter has a good two years of her life scrapbooked, my son maybe has his first year, and my youngest daughter does not have a scrapbook (except for a few pages that she created herself one day!).
The BooksTo.Me process is pretty simple. You connect to Instagram and post your pictures. Then you sign up for a BooksTo.Me subscription (one book monthly or one every three months). BooksTo.Me creates your book and ships it. All in all, the process went fairly quick, even with having to start at step one and sign up for an Instagram account (a little embarrassed to admit, but I didn’t even have an Instagram account beforehand!) and post my photos. My book was created the following day and I received it in less than a week…shipping was FAST!
The book arrived in a black hard cover with a book jacket printed with the most liked images and the date span. I loved the hard cover, as it looks professional and durable. I was pleasantly surprised at the photo quality, being that they were lesser quality from my cell phone. BooksTo.Me handles the layout which is a nice timesaver (there were two photos I cropped so they laid them out on one page) and prints out all photos unless you hashtag any that you don’t want printed.
Things I really loved:
- There is no limit to the number of photos.
- You pay a flat rate which includes shipping.
The only thing I was not as keen on was the book jacket. It would be easy for kids to pull off and tear it apart, as it is made out of paper material.
Here are a few hints to the company:
- It would also be nice if the book binding had the dates printed on it for storing and finding on a shelf.
- I did not see an option to have the book shipped to another address (if I wanted to ship as a gift to an individual who lived too far away for me to personally deliver).
- I also did not receive an email notification when my book had actually been shipped as confirmation or a tracking number, which I love to receive when making online purchases.
For the majority of us very busy parents, this is a convenient and quick way to capture your images for memories or this would also make a great gift. (think grandparents, specials occasions, etc)