It’s something new I tried when on vacay this summer – at the Picadilly Cafeteria and it was A-MAZ-ING.
Let me start by warning you that it has sugar. A LOT of sugar for the recipe but it’s soooooo yummy that I guarantee everyone will eat it. Make it a rare treat — as I plan to in the future.
- 1 3/4 lbs peeled carrots
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 lb butter, softened
- powdered sugar
- Steam or boil carrots til extra soft and drain well.
- While carrots are warm, add sugar, baking powder and vanilla.
- Whip with mixer til smooth.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Whip eggs separately and add to mixture, blending well.
- Add butter and blend well.
- Pour mixture into baking dish-ABOUT HALF FULL–as the souffle will rise.
- Bake@ 350 about 1 hour or until top is light brown.
- Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar before serving.