- 1 box of chocolate Twinkies
- 1 bag of Ghirardelli melting milk chocolate
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with wax paper
- 1 package of small edible eyes
- 1 disposable piping bag
- 1 package of chocolate ding dongs
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with wax paper
- 1 mickey mouse head template printed out
- 4 disposable piping bags, 1 fitted with a number 2 tip
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tarter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 C powder sugar
- 1/4 bag of Ghirardelli melting milk chocolate
- black yellow and orange gel color
- Using a double broiler, melt the milk chocolate and scoop into a piping bag not fitted with the tip
- Cut the tip off on the piping bag
- Place the printable under the wax paper
- Using the melted chocolate, pipe out mickey’s ears
- Pipe a triangle in the middle of the bottom part of the ears to create a ‘pick’
- Place the tray into the fridge to harden
- In a standing mixer, combine the egg whites, cream of tarter, vanilla and powder sugar
- Mix on medium speed until stiff peaks form, about 5-6 minutes
- Split the frosting into three bowls
- Add black coloring into 1 bowl, orange coloring into another bowl and the yellow coloring into the last bowl
- Scoop the black icing into the piping bag fitted with the tip
- Unwrap the ding dongs and using the black piping bag, pipe out a jack – o – lantern face
- Take the orange piping bag and cut a small tip, pipe a line of orange on the inside of the eyes, just on one side
- Pipe a line around the inside of the mouth
- Fill in with the yellow
- Let dry for 1 hour
- Once the frosting is harden, pull out the ears and lightly pull them off the wax paper
- Place onto the top side of the ding dong for Mickey’s ears
Have you ever woken up late? Stared the entire day, for the whole family, just behind by a few minutes? These Kix Cereal Bars could be your saving grace as everyone gets a quick breakfast while on the literal run.
You will need:
- 3 TBSP unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 bag 16oz mini marshmallows
- 6 C of Kix Cereal
- 1 1/2 C of dried cranberries
- 1 9×11 glass pan
- parchment paper fitted to glass pan
- Pam spray
Place parchment paper into glass pan and and spray the
parchment paper with the Pam spray
In a large pot, melt the 3 TBSP of butter
Once butter is melted, mix in the mini marshmallows
Mix the Kix cereal and 1 C of dried cranberries
Pour into the dish and spray Pam spay onto a rubber spatula
Sprinkle the remaining dried cranberries onto the top of the bars
Let harden for 10 minutes before cutting and enjoying or popping these in single serving containers so you can be prepared for those crazy before or after school moments.
Here are a few other recipes we think you might like:
School is back in session and it seems like we are all busier than ever shuttling those precious munchkins around from place to place afterwards. That can often lead to dinners on the run, unless you want to try something like this one pan dish of ours – Spanish paella!
You will need:
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup green bell pepper
3 tbsp. minced garlic
2 bay leaves
Zest of 1 lemon
2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. saffron
1 pd. large raw shrimp, cleaned
8 oz Spanish chorizo sliced
3 cups instant jasmine rice rice
3 cups chicken broth
Crushed red pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Using a large 13 X 18 inch rimmed sheet pan.
Spray a non-stick baking spray and evenly coat the pan.
Chop your onion, bell pepper and set to the side.
Add the onion, pepper, garlic, bay leaves, lemon zest, paprika, saffron, and crushed red pepper to your baking pan.
Place the pan in the oven and roast the veggies and spices for 5 minutes.
Remove the sheet pan from the oven.
Now add your chorizo and shrimp to the pan.
Toss to mix with the onion, pepper mix.
Season with salt and pepper.
Push the shrimp and chorizo the the edges of the pan leaving a open space in the center for the rice.
Pour the jasmine rice in center of the sheet pan.
3 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 C soft unsalted butter
1 C granulated sugar
Cookie Cutter: starfish cutter
– Cream the soft butter with the sugar until the combination is smooth not grainy to the touch in a mixing bowl.
-Add eggs…Continue to mix.
-Add the vanilla.. Continue mixing.
-Sift the four, baking soda, and salt together.
-Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture.
-Continue mixing to make sure all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
-Make the dough into a ball, wrap it in cling wrap completely covering the entire dough ball.
-Put in the refrigerator for about 6 hours or overnight. Check to see if the dough is firm.
-Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
-Pull the cookie dough out of the refrigerator and sit it out to soften up a bit.
– Put flour out on the cutting board, rub flour on the rolling pin, and work some flour into
the batter. (if needed).
-Roll the dough out on the cutting board and using the cookie cutter begin to make your cookies.
-Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
-Using a metal spatula move the cut cookies to the parchment lined cookiesheet.
-Bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes. Check to see if the cookies are thoroughly baked.
-Take the cookies off of the cookie sheet and put on a wire rack to cool completely.
(About 10 minutes).
2 egg whites
1 C powder sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp vanilla
sky blue, purple, green and pink gel colors
5 piping bags with a number 2 tip
5 bowls to mix colors in
-Combine all ingredients except the colors into a standing mixing bowl.
-Mix on medium speed onto stiff peaks form
-Divide the icing into the 5 bowls
-Add a color into 4 bowls, leaving the 5th one white, and mix them until they are the shades you want
-Scoop some of the color into the piping bags.
Outline a few starfish in the pink icing
I know Instant Pots are all the rage right now, and rightly so! Cooking healthy meals faster is a win-win for any home chef.
We rounded up a few of what we think are the greatest Beef Instant Pot recipes to help you get dinner on the table in a timely manner and survive the back to school time crunch.
- Venezuelan shredded beef- made in the instant pot– Living Sweet
- Instant pot low-carb soup with ground beef, green beans, and tomatoes-
- Instant pot
cheeseburger soup– Recipe This
- Nourishing beef stew in the instant pot– My Life Cookbook
pot pressure cooker beef stew recipe- Pressure Cook Recipes
- Beef with
rigatoni– Simplify, Live, Love
- Homemade beef pho– Little Family Adventure
- How to cook brisket in the pressure cooker-
Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
- Instant pot beef
stew- I Was Born to Cook
- Instant pot
easy meatloaf recipe- Recipe This
- Instant pot low-carb goulash soup with ground beef and peppers–
- Melt in your mouth instant pot Mongolian beef– Living Sweet
- Instant pot shredded beef tacos– Smashed Peas & Carrots
- Pressure cooker Irish stew– Gluten Free Pressure Cooker
- Instant pot
Chinese beef & beans– Recipe This
- Instant pot beef stroganoff- I Don’t Have Time for That!
- Pressure cooker beef and butternut squash stew– Gluten Free
- Easy instant pot chili
recipe- Plated Cravings
- Instant pot beef stew scraps & parsley dumplings- Recipe
- How to make the
best Thai pressure cooker beef– Busy Bliss
- Instant pot cheeseburger macaroni cheese– Recipe This
- Instant pot beef and beer stew– I Don’t Have Time for That!
- Make easy
instant pot Irish stew in your instant pot- CopyKat
- Pressure cooker all-beef ancho and Anaheim chili– Kalyn’s
to cook beef shin in the instant pot– Recipe This
We hope these Instant Pot Recipes make your life easier on those super busy nights where you are tempted to hit the drive through! Do you have a beef Instant Pot recipe that works for your family? Please share!
Other recipes we think you might like to try:
There is a lot to be said for sitting on the back porch, in summer, and having a beverage like a Long Island iced tea while watching the kids play in the yard. We like this fruity version, where we include a strawberry puree, to smooth over our tastebuds and to unwind after a big week.
We also like sangria a lot, so we slightly mimicked the fruity flavors, and we came up with something new and delicious. Strawberries are at bargain prices right now so I suggest stocking up on your puree and you will be set for a while.
Strawberry Long Island Iced Tea
You will need:
- 2 oz of gin
- 2 oz of vodka
- 2 oz of white rum
- 1 oz of triple sec
- 1 oz of sweet and sour mix
- 2 bag of tea
- 1 pot
- 3 C of water
- 2 oz of strawberry puree
- lemon slices
- lime slices
Pour the water into the pot with the tea bags and bring to a boil for 15 minutes and then set it aside to cool. In a pitcher filled half way with ice add the liquors, tea, and puree. Mix until everything is combined and then add ice to glasses and pour the drink over the ice.
Garnish with lemon slices and top with lime slices and mint.
Hot summer days can also lead to hot summer nights. Our refreshing Lemon Sorbet is just the ticket to help treat your taste buds as it keeps you a little cooler.
This recipe creates 12 scoops, or servings, of our lemon sorbet dessert.
You will need:
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup lemon-lime soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups freshly squeeze lemon juice
- 2 TBS freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 cups of fresh sliced strawberries
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 package of individual sponge cake
- 1 can of whipped cream
- 1 tall canister1 ice cream scoop
- mint to garnish
In a large sauce pan, Stir together the water, Lemon juice and zest, lemon lime soda and sugar. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Once cooled, add to the canister and place in the freezer for 1 1/2 hour. Stir the mix 1 every hour for 5 hours to incorporate air into the mix for a lighter finished product.
Once the sorbet is solid, prep the strawberries and blueberries by washing them and drying. Cut the strawberries into quarters. Scoop some of the sorbet onto the sponge cake, top with whipped cream and berries and mint.
A few of our other recipes we think you might like:
I love this frozen hot chocolate gem and hate paying the retail price for it! Here is our easy hack to save you money and from having to leave your own home.
This is the perfect treat for those hot days and is beyond easy to make!
What you need:
- 2 cups milk
- 3 hot cocoa packets
- 3 cups ice
- whipped cream
- chocolate curls (optional)
- Place milk, cocoa mix and ice in a blender. Blend until mostly smooth.
- Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream
- Top with chocolate curls or chocolate chips if you wish
- I know — it doesn’t seem like it should be that easy, but it really is!
Here are some other drink recipes we think you might like:
Are you looking for ways to get free or lower cost groceries? If so, you might want to consider try to Get Free Groceries when Using SavingStar app, which allows you to earn cash back.
Here’s how you can get free groceries when using SavingStar:
- Shop at your local grocery store.
You can also earn cash back at your drugstore.
- Earn cash back.
There are two ways you can earn cash back when you
- Do your shopping.
You can either link your SavingStar grocery offers to your store loyalty cards or you can take photos of your grocery store receipts.
- Check your cash back.
SavingStar will automatically redeem the value of every grocery store offer that you have received credit for.
- Redeem your cash back.
There are several ways you can redeem your cash back! You can either opt to have the money deposited into your bank account or sent to you via PayPal. Another option is to redeem your cashback in the form of a gift card. You can choose from Starbucks, iTunes, and AMC Theaters. Another option is to donate your earnings to American Forests to help plant more trees.
While you may not get your groceries entirely for free, you will earn cash back!