If you’re looking for a hot, fun, and family-friendly vacation spot for this Summer, maybe try checking out some fun amusement parks to visit! There are hundreds upon hundreds of various theme parks all throughout the United States and they are all a blast. However, a lot of theme parks tend to have a lot of thriller, intense rides and they are not as geared toward families as we would necessarily like. Today I am going to be sharing with you 5 theme parks that are more family-oriented and great for spending your fun vacation!
It is time for football games, bonfires and Trick or Treating! To help keep your adult self warm, try refreshing your taste buds with our Cherry Coke Cocktail!
You will need:
1.5 oz Jack Daniels
1 oz Red Stag Cherry Whiskey
0.5 oz Cherry Brandy
3 oz Cherry Coke Cola
7 Maraschino Cherries
8.5 oz Mason jar
Add your 7 cherries to the mason jar.
Now fill the glass with more ice to the top.
In a large bar shaker add your liquors and shake to combine.
Pour your liquor mix into the glass and then top with Cherry Coke a cola.
Occasionally, I love something light, tart and refreshing in the world of treats. These Refreshing Coconut Lime Cookies, with the delightful lime glaze fit just the bill. I can feel my taste-buds puckering now just at the thought of them!
You will need:
Makes 2 dozen cookies
2 3/4 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 C Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter
1 1/2 C sugar
1 large egg, room temp
1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla extract
1 tsp Coconut flavoring
zest 1 large lime
4 tbsp lime juice, 1 lime
1 C toasted unsweetened coconut
1/2 C of sugar for cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Sprinkle your unsweetened coconut onto one of the cookie trays and place in the oven for 4-6 minutes or until it starts to brown. Keep a close eye on it!
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Using a whisk, mix the dry ingredients until combined, set aside
- Using a standing mixer, beat on medium speed together the butter and sugar until combined and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and mix until combined
- Add the vanilla, coconut flavoring, lime juice and lime zest and mix until combined.
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients using a wooden spoon
- Mix in the toasted coconut
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop some dough into your hands and roll the dough until it is in a ball
- Roll dough into the 1/2 C of sugar
- Place cookie balls onto the cookie sheets and bake for 8-12 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Once done baking, place cookies onto a wire rack to continue to cool
Lime glaze ingredients
- 1 C powder sugar
- 2 tbsp lime zest
- 1/2 lime juice
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until smooth and syrup like
- If the glaze is still powdery, add in more lime juice
- Drizzle lime glaze onto the cookies
- Let sit for 10 minutes before enjoying!
- 1 box of chocolate Twinkies
- 1 bag of Ghirardelli melting milk chocolate
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with wax paper
- 1 package of small edible eyes
- 1 disposable piping bag
- 1 package of chocolate ding dongs
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with wax paper
- 1 mickey mouse head template printed out
- 4 disposable piping bags, 1 fitted with a number 2 tip
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tarter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 C powder sugar
- 1/4 bag of Ghirardelli melting milk chocolate
- black yellow and orange gel color
- Using a double broiler, melt the milk chocolate and scoop into a piping bag not fitted with the tip
- Cut the tip off on the piping bag
- Place the printable under the wax paper
- Using the melted chocolate, pipe out mickey’s ears
- Pipe a triangle in the middle of the bottom part of the ears to create a ‘pick’
- Place the tray into the fridge to harden
- In a standing mixer, combine the egg whites, cream of tarter, vanilla and powder sugar
- Mix on medium speed until stiff peaks form, about 5-6 minutes
- Split the frosting into three bowls
- Add black coloring into 1 bowl, orange coloring into another bowl and the yellow coloring into the last bowl
- Scoop the black icing into the piping bag fitted with the tip
- Unwrap the ding dongs and using the black piping bag, pipe out a jack – o – lantern face
- Take the orange piping bag and cut a small tip, pipe a line of orange on the inside of the eyes, just on one side
- Pipe a line around the inside of the mouth
- Fill in with the yellow
- Let dry for 1 hour
- Once the frosting is harden, pull out the ears and lightly pull them off the wax paper
- Place onto the top side of the ding dong for Mickey’s ears
- 4 – 8oz mason jars
- 4 lemons sliced ( 1 lemon sliced in each jar )
- 4 cups of Everclear ( 1 cup in each jar )
- 4 tbsp. of simple syrup ( 1 tbsp. in each jar )
- 4 tsp. Cupcake syrup ( 1 tsp. in each jar )
- 8 Tbsp. of Marshmallow syrup ( 2 in each jar )
- Simple Syrup
- Add the water, and sugar into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Dissolve sugar until a syrup liquid forms.
- Add the lemons, limes into each mason jar
- Add Simple Syrup, cupcake syrup, marshmallow extract, and everclear into the mason jar.
- Shake together until fully combined.
- Store in a location that remains at room temperature with no access to direct sunlight.
- Shake the jars every two days to help with the infusion process.
- After 4 weeks remove the fruit by straining through cheese cloth.
- Pour your moonshine back into the jars and seal.
- Place in a refrigerator up to 30 days.
3 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 C soft unsalted butter
1 C granulated sugar
Cookie Cutter: starfish cutter
– Cream the soft butter with the sugar until the combination is smooth not grainy to the touch in a mixing bowl.
-Add eggs…Continue to mix.
-Add the vanilla.. Continue mixing.
-Sift the four, baking soda, and salt together.
-Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture.
-Continue mixing to make sure all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
-Make the dough into a ball, wrap it in cling wrap completely covering the entire dough ball.
-Put in the refrigerator for about 6 hours or overnight. Check to see if the dough is firm.
-Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
-Pull the cookie dough out of the refrigerator and sit it out to soften up a bit.
– Put flour out on the cutting board, rub flour on the rolling pin, and work some flour into
the batter. (if needed).
-Roll the dough out on the cutting board and using the cookie cutter begin to make your cookies.
-Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
-Using a metal spatula move the cut cookies to the parchment lined cookiesheet.
-Bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes. Check to see if the cookies are thoroughly baked.
-Take the cookies off of the cookie sheet and put on a wire rack to cool completely.
(About 10 minutes).
2 egg whites
1 C powder sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp vanilla
sky blue, purple, green and pink gel colors
5 piping bags with a number 2 tip
5 bowls to mix colors in
-Combine all ingredients except the colors into a standing mixing bowl.
-Mix on medium speed onto stiff peaks form
-Divide the icing into the 5 bowls
-Add a color into 4 bowls, leaving the 5th one white, and mix them until they are the shades you want
-Scoop some of the color into the piping bags.
Outline a few starfish in the pink icing
Painting your nails at home can be a way to relax and even save money compared to a trip to the salon! But, sometimes it can be a pain as it takes so long for your polish to dry! I don’t know about you, but I can always have one hand that looks amazing, and the other is harder to paint without making smudges. I have compiled of list of nail polish tips for a perfect manicure!
These nail polish hacks will help you in creating the perfect manicure or even pedicure at home! Plus some of these are time savers, which is a win in my books!
Nail Polish Hacks to Try Out Next Time You Paint Nails
This might take a little extra time but it is really worth it. By putting a base coat down, it allows your nail polish to stick better to the nail, and can make your manicure last a little longer!
Thin Coats Vs. Heavy
Apply 2-3 thin coats of polish instead of one heavy coat. It will help it dry and not have smudges and become gunky. If you have ever applied a heavy layer, it doesn’t always fully dry and can smudge very easy. Less is more with polish!
Roll Bottle Don’t Shake
Shaking polish can create air bubbles and that can mess up a good manicure. Roll the bottle between your hands gently instead of shaking.
Easily Remove Polish On Skin
Take an old makeup brush that is small and stiff bristled, lipstick brushes work great. Dip it into nail polish remover, and wipe away any polish that got on the skin! Can really give that salon quality look.
Fix a Smudge
If your nail is still wet you can fix a smudge. Wet your finger by licking it, and gently smooth the smudge with your finger. The saliva react to the polish and for some reason it just works!
Ice Bath for Drying Nails
Take a bowl of cold water and add like 6 ice cubes. After you finished painting your nails, you will wait a minute and then dip your nails into the ice bath. Hold them in for a minute or two. This will help set the paint and dry them! It is a little chilly, so be prepared.
If you are wanting to whiten your nails, soak in this bath solution for a minute or two. Just take hot water, hydrogen peroxide and baking soda (do equal parts of each). Than pat dry, and repeat once a week. It will help brighten up your nails.
Keep Polish Away from Heat and Sunlight
Keeping your polish in a cool dry place is key! If it gets to hot or sits in the sunlight it will start to break down the polish and it won’t work as well.
Take a beauty sponge for applying glitter. Just pour out some glitter nail polish, and than dab the beauty sponge into the polish. Then dab that onto your nail. It will make the polish look a lot fuller with glitter, vs applying it with the polish brush. You will need to clean up around your nail as it can be a little messy.
I love this frozen hot chocolate gem and hate paying the retail price for it! Here is our easy hack to save you money and from having to leave your own home.
This is the perfect treat for those hot days and is beyond easy to make!
What you need:
- 2 cups milk
- 3 hot cocoa packets
- 3 cups ice
- whipped cream
- chocolate curls (optional)
- Place milk, cocoa mix and ice in a blender. Blend until mostly smooth.
- Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream
- Top with chocolate curls or chocolate chips if you wish
- I know — it doesn’t seem like it should be that easy, but it really is!
Here are some other drink recipes we think you might like:
Are you searching for a way to make a little extra cash at home? Do you enjoy making stuff? Then Etsy may be exactly what you’re searching for. Etsy is an online community made up of people just like you. It’s a place where you can go to sell your homemade items and buy items other people have for sell.
Etsy is different from other online sites like Amazon and eBay because it focuses on vintage items that are at least twenty years old and handcrafted items. It’s the only community of its kind and it’s perfect for anyone who wants to make some extra cash on items you enjoy making anyway.
Using Etsy takes the hassle out of selling online because you don’t have to create your own website, payment options and other details associated with running a site. For an affordable fee, they allow you to use their site to set up shop and sell awesome stuff. You also get the added benefit of the traffic that Etsy brings in so you’re not marketing it all yourself.
What to Sell On Etsy
Now that you have a good idea of what Etsy is, are you ready to get started? Before setting up your shop, you have to decide what items you want to sell. Many people have success by choosing something they enjoy making. For example, if you love making birdhouses, this would be a great item to sell on Etsy.
If you enjoy crocheting or making jewelry, start with one of these items. Other items you’ll find on Etsy include arts and crafts, supplies, tools to make crafts, artisan baked goods and artisan candies. You have a wide variety of products to choose from.
Choosing What to Sell
When deciding what to sell, choose something you have the most experience making. You already know how much it costs for supplies and how long it takes you to make the product, so it’s easier getting started. You’ll also feel more comfortable and confident making something you’re familiar with.
Start out with just one or maybe two items instead of a lot of different things. It would be too stressful and even a bit overwhelming trying to handle more than that in the beginning. Once you get familiar with the process of posting, selling and shipping items to customers, you can add more items to your store when you’re ready.
Now that you know what you want to sell, start making a few to showcase in your shop as soon as you get everything set up.
How to Sell Your Awesome Handcrafted Stuff on Etsy
Choose a User Name
The next big thing is to choose a username for your account. Look for something unique that accurately describes the type of items you plan to sell. Take your time and come up with something good because this is what people will recognize you by. Think about the big picture when choosing your username so you don’t choose something that limits what you can sell.
If you’re selling birdhouses now, you may want to add new items later. Therefore, you need a name that allows you to add to your collection of products. For example, instead of choosing Jack’s Birdhouses for your username, you could use Jack’s Wood Crafting Shop and birdhouses would be your featured product.
Fill Out Your Profile and Choose a Picture
After choosing your user name, it’s time to fill out your profile page. Use descriptive words to tell people about you, the person behind the products. Potential customers who visit your shop want to know why you made this particular item. They want to know a little about how you made them and how you got started, so provide as much information as you can without getting too personal.
Choose your profile picture. Keep in mind that this photo will represent your business so it needs to look professional. Your visitors want to see who they’re buying from and feel like they know a little about you. Choose a good quality photo that is clear and easy to see. All of this will help you establish a relationship with potential buyers.
Be sure to include information about your shop and your policies. This includes your exchange and return policy and shipping fees. After all of the technical stuff is complete, you’re ready to set up shop.
Setting up Shop
Esty allows you to customize your shop to suit your business. Take advantage of the features they provide to create a visual cue to what items you have for sale. It can be a simple design but it must be related to your products and interesting enough to entice visitors to stick around. Now, you’re almost ready to start selling.
Showcasing Your Products
Next, it’s time to showcase your products by uploading a photo and description of the items for sale. Be sure to take quality photos to post with the descriptions so potential customers can see it clearly. The description is what your visitors will read to learn about the items for sale so choose your words carefully. You want it to entice the viewer to order your homemade products. It helps to think about what you want to say when you’re making the one-of-a-kind items.
You have one more very important thing to take care of before you can start selling your products. How much do you charge for them? The price needs to be compatible with other shops but at the same time, it needs to cover your expenses in addition to making a profit. Remember to include the cost of your supplies and your time when determining how much to charge for your homemade items.
Provide Good Customer Service
You’re now open for business and ready to start bringing in that extra cash. As soon as an item sells, pack it up and ship it as quickly as possible. If someone has a problem, find a solution that makes them happy, within reason of course. You want the reviews customers leave about you to be good, positive ones that encourage others to visit your shop. Always be professional and provide friendly, reliable customer service along with quality products and you’re on your way to building a business that could have a bright future.