It’s that time, to look for a costume for the kiddos and prepare for the all out candy fest! I was perusing the costumes at the stores and dropped my teeth at costume prices of $60, $70 and even $80! We whipped up this quick collection of 20 Super Hero/Villain Boys’ Halloween Costumes Under $30 to make your life easier!
NOTE — Shipping is free on most of these items with Amazon Prime or a $35 purchase.
- Captain America Winter Soldier Costume — $20.46
- MegaForce Power Rangers Silver Muscle Costume — $18.99
- Avengers 2 Hawkeye Costume — $26.99
- Avengers 2 Hulk Costume — $25.63
- Batman Riddler Costume — $27.70
- Batman Dark Knight Rises Costume — $23.10
- Toddler Spiderman Costume — $24.38
- Captain America Winter Solder Falcon Costume — $24.99
- Big Hero 6 Hiro Costume — $18.33
- Justice League The Flash Costume — $15.00
- Toddler Hulk Costume — $19.99
- Dark Knight Rises Joker Costume — $20.53
- Iron Man 2 Muscle Costume — $25.99
- Deluxe Batman Muscle Costume — $19.98
- Classic X-Men Wolverine Costume — $22.05
- Green Ranger Power Rangers Costume — $28.37
- Big Hero 6 Baymax Costume — $26.62
- Avengers Assemble Thor Costume — $20.68
- Spider Man 2 Muscle Costume — $21.49
- Green Lantern Hal Jordan Costume — $24.83
- 1 cup raspberries (12-15)
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 3 oz vodka
- 3 oz ginger beer
- 1 drop neon blue food coloring
- 1 tsp. of silver shimmer dust
- Add your raspberries, lime juice, and simple syrup in blender and mix until smooth.
- Pour your mixture through a cheesecloth to remove any chunks.
- Pour your raspberry juice into a large shaker glass.
- Add your raspberry juice, food coloring, with vodka.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, combine vodka raspberry juice with ginger beer and shimmer dust and shake to combine.
- Pour the mixture in an ice filled glass.
- 1 scoop lime sherbet
- 2 oz vodka
- ½ oz sour apple pucker
- 4 oz lemon-lime soda
- 1 tsp. of shimmer dust
- Place lime sherbet, vodka, pucker and soda, into a large glass or mason jar.
- Shake to combine
- Add your shimmer dust and shake to combine
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 cups Water
- 4 cups Everclear
- 1 cup watermelon syrup
- 4 tsp. of green food coloring
- 1 tsp. of silver shimmer dust ( 1 in each jar )
- Pour two cups of water into a large saucepan.
- Heat up the water on high and add the sugar.
- Stir until completely dissolved.
- Remove the sugar mix from the heat and allow it to cool completely.
- Stir in the sugar mix, adding the rest of the water, Everclear, green food coloring, watermelon flavoring.
- Stir to combine.
- Transfer the liquor mix into mason jars.
- Place the moonshine in the refrigerator and let it sit for a week before usage.
- Add 1 tsp. of shimmer dust in each jar and shake to combine
- 1 box of chocolate Twinkies
- 1 bag of Ghirardelli melting milk chocolate
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with wax paper
- 1 package of small edible eyes
- 1 disposable piping bag
- 1 package of chocolate ding dongs
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with wax paper
- 1 mickey mouse head template printed out
- 4 disposable piping bags, 1 fitted with a number 2 tip
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tarter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 C powder sugar
- 1/4 bag of Ghirardelli melting milk chocolate
- black yellow and orange gel color
- Using a double broiler, melt the milk chocolate and scoop into a piping bag not fitted with the tip
- Cut the tip off on the piping bag
- Place the printable under the wax paper
- Using the melted chocolate, pipe out mickey’s ears
- Pipe a triangle in the middle of the bottom part of the ears to create a ‘pick’
- Place the tray into the fridge to harden
- In a standing mixer, combine the egg whites, cream of tarter, vanilla and powder sugar
- Mix on medium speed until stiff peaks form, about 5-6 minutes
- Split the frosting into three bowls
- Add black coloring into 1 bowl, orange coloring into another bowl and the yellow coloring into the last bowl
- Scoop the black icing into the piping bag fitted with the tip
- Unwrap the ding dongs and using the black piping bag, pipe out a jack – o – lantern face
- Take the orange piping bag and cut a small tip, pipe a line of orange on the inside of the eyes, just on one side
- Pipe a line around the inside of the mouth
- Fill in with the yellow
- Let dry for 1 hour
- Once the frosting is harden, pull out the ears and lightly pull them off the wax paper
- Place onto the top side of the ding dong for Mickey’s ears
- 1 oz vodka
1 oz Chambord (raspberry) Liqueur
3 oz cranberry juice
Splash of lime juice
1 tube of red cake gel shimmer
Sometimes simple is the best thing and this quick fall pumpkin patch cupcake can really work for a group pot luck event. You can use any cake mix to make the cupcakes or use my recipe below
Chocolate Cupcake Ingredients:
2 C sugar
1 3/4 C flour
3/4 C cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 eggs, room temp
1 C whole milk, room temp
1/2 C canola oil
2 tsp vanilla
1 C boiling water
Chocolate Cupcake Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tins with paper liners.
Whisk the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl.
Combine the eggs,milk, oil and vanilla in a bowl. Add this to the dry ingredients beating on medium until the batter is smooth.
Gradually add the boiling water, milk and oil and blend together until the batter is smooth.
Using a medium scoop fill the paper lined cupcake tins with the prepared batter.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Allow to slightly cool before transferring to wire racks.
-Cream the butter, vanilla, and powder sugar until it looks light and creamy.
-If it doesn’t cream add several drops of the heavy whipping cream until it creams.
-Add several drops of the green gel food coloring. Mix well to blend the colors.
-Test to see if the frosting can form and hold a stiff peak by taking a spoonful of frosting and turning the spoon upside down. If the frosting stays on the spoon it is ready if not then….
– Add more powder sugar 1/2 C at a time…. mix well.
-Test to make sure that the frosting can make and hold a stiff peak.
-If ready scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a large star tip.
-Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the tip.
-Instead of holding the pastry bag and tip to the side hold it straight up pointing the tip down to the cupcake making the frosting look like grass.
-Start by frosting on the outside edge of the cupcake working to the center of the cupcake.
-You can add an candy pumpkin in the center of the grass patch (center of the frosting).