If it’s one thing the little people like to do, its a hands-on craft activity that ties in with the current theme. This is a great list of kids crafts for Memorial Day, 4th of July, even Veterans Day with all the fun red white and blue activities for the munchkins. we scoured around, and found 15 fun and easy ideas to help keep them busy…and these kids crafts are very budget-friendly.
- Paper Sparklers via It Happens in a Blink
- Patriotic Pinwheels via Practically Functional
- Patriotic Recycled Wind Chimes via Creative Green Living
- Patriotic Flip Flops via Baby Loving Mama
- Patriotic Duct Tape Parade Stick via Crafts by Amanda
- Easy Painted Flag Tee via Organized 31
- Uncle Sam Top Hat via Condo Blues
- Patriotic Sun Catchers via The Suburban Mom
- American Flag Popsicle Stick Craft via My Heavenly Recipes
- Confetti Popper Rockets via Alpha Mom
- Patriotic Cardboard Tube Bracelet via Crafts by Amanda
- DIY Patriotic Sidewalk Chalk by Project Alicia
- Paper Plate Patriotic Hat via Tutus & Tea Parties
- Patriotic Paper Lantern via Kids Activities Blog
- Tissue Paper Flag via The Suburban Mom
I just adore simple holiday decor ideas, even better when they are super thrifty and can include littl epeople in the process!
This is a simple St Patrick’s Day project for all those of you who have a little Irish in ya = enjoy!
DIY St. Patrick’s Day Banner
- Clover Printables
- Scrap Cloth
- Scrap Burlap Shas
- Hole Punch
- Elmer’s Glitter Glue
1.Print the templates.
2.Cut out the large template and trace on the cardstock.
3. Cut out both the traced clovers and smaller clovers.
4. Glue or double stick tape the small clovers onto the large clovers.
5. Punch one hole on the top of each clover.
6. To add a little sparkle, use Elmer’s gold glitter glue and trace the outside of the larger clovers.
7. While the glitter glue dries, cut the scrap cloth pieces and burlap into strips.
8. After everything is dry feed the clovers onto the twine. space with enough room between each to tie the cloth strips onto the twine.
9. Continue until you have all the strips tied and the banner is full.
Get your printable here –>2014_New_Year_Resolution_-_Red_&_Green
A New Year’s Resolution really is only a goal. A goal is simply a dream with a deadline…
This FREE Printable is simply to help you put that on paper and make a little action plan for yourself.
Life is about choices and YOU have the power to choose to change something in your life.
We did this the last two years and ordered a few gifts for the grandparents…but the prices were STEEP! I don’t have an order form in front of me but seem to remember a coffee mug being $15ish.
I have mentioned this before: Ink Garden. They have a great promo offer right now and YOU can do the same thing! Scan the kiddo’s artful design and then create a gift with it! There are several items you can get FREE, you just pay shipping. That coffee mug will be a LOT less than $15!!
This is a fun, and simple gift to give for Easter — we did a half dozen of them this year. I get the jars from freecycle (you will learn about that soon!) and the Peeps are 75% off clearance from last year. Keep in mind that they are basically just marshmallows and keep beautifully in Tupperware! The rest are simple – you need:
1 sleeve of graham crackers
(or about 1 + 1/3 cup of crumbs)
1 + 1/4 cup M&Ms
1/3 cup brown sugar
Turn the graham crackers into crumbs, layer 2/3 of them in a 2QT canning jar (wide mouth works best. Place peeps, standing up, facing outside around the inside of the jar. Press them up against the glass but don’t squish them. Carefully spoon remaining crumbs in the center of the jar to support the bunnies, pressing down to keep it snug. On top of this pour 1-1/4 cup Easter M&M’s, then spoon the brown sugar into center of M&M’s, gently pressing with a spoon.
Dress up the jar how you wish – we just added Easter fabric and make a tag that says:
EASTER BUNNY (or Peep) S’MORES
Empty the jar contents into a bowl. Snip the bunnies into bits with kitchen shears or cut up with a knife. Return the bunny bits to the mixture. Mix well.
Melt 1/4 cup butter; add 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour this over the dry ingredients, mixing well. Pat into a greased 9″ square pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.
*Option – leave bunnies whole; combine remaining ingredients and place the bunnies on top; then bake as directed.
- 1 sleeve of graham crackers
- (or about 1 + ⅓ cup of crumbs)
- 8 Peeps
- 1 + ¼ cup M&Ms
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- Turn the graham crackers into crumbs
- Layer ⅔ of them in a 2QT canning jar
- Place peeps, standing up, facing outside around the inside of the jar.
- Press them up against the glass but don't squish them.
- Carefully spoon remaining crumbs in the center of the jar to support the bunnies, pressing down to keep it snug.
- On top of this pour 1-1/4 cup Easter M&M's, then spoon the brown sugar into center of M&M's, gently pressing with a spoon.
- Dress up the jar how you wish - we just added Easter fabric and make a tag that says:
- EASTER BUNNY (or Peep) S'MORES
- Empty the jar contents into a bowl.
- Snip the bunnies into bits with kitchen shears or cut up with a knife.
- Return the bunny bits to the mixture.
- Mix well.
- Melt ¼ cup butter; add 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Pour this over the dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Pat into a greased 9" square pan.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Cool and cut into bars.
- *Option - leave bunnies whole; combine remaining ingredients and place the bunnies on top; then bake as directed.