- 3 oz apple cider
- 1 oz bourbon
- 1 oz vanilla vodka
- Splash of Sprite
- Cinnamon stick for garnish
It is time for football games, bonfires and Trick or Treating! To help keep your adult self warm, try refreshing your taste buds with our Cherry Coke Cocktail!
You will need:
1.5 oz Jack Daniels
1 oz Red Stag Cherry Whiskey
0.5 oz Cherry Brandy
3 oz Cherry Coke Cola
7 Maraschino Cherries
8.5 oz Mason jar
Add your 7 cherries to the mason jar.
Now fill the glass with more ice to the top.
In a large bar shaker add your liquors and shake to combine.
Pour your liquor mix into the glass and then top with Cherry Coke a cola.
Occasionally, I love something light, tart and refreshing in the world of treats. These Refreshing Coconut Lime Cookies, with the delightful lime glaze fit just the bill. I can feel my taste-buds puckering now just at the thought of them!
You will need:
Makes 2 dozen cookies
2 3/4 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 C Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter
1 1/2 C sugar
1 large egg, room temp
1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla extract
1 tsp Coconut flavoring
zest 1 large lime
4 tbsp lime juice, 1 lime
1 C toasted unsweetened coconut
1/2 C of sugar for cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Sprinkle your unsweetened coconut onto one of the cookie trays and place in the oven for 4-6 minutes or until it starts to brown. Keep a close eye on it!
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Using a whisk, mix the dry ingredients until combined, set aside
- Using a standing mixer, beat on medium speed together the butter and sugar until combined and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and mix until combined
- Add the vanilla, coconut flavoring, lime juice and lime zest and mix until combined.
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients using a wooden spoon
- Mix in the toasted coconut
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop some dough into your hands and roll the dough until it is in a ball
- Roll dough into the 1/2 C of sugar
- Place cookie balls onto the cookie sheets and bake for 8-12 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Once done baking, place cookies onto a wire rack to continue to cool
Lime glaze ingredients
- 1 C powder sugar
- 2 tbsp lime zest
- 1/2 lime juice
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until smooth and syrup like
- If the glaze is still powdery, add in more lime juice
- Drizzle lime glaze onto the cookies
- Let sit for 10 minutes before enjoying!
- 2oz. apple cider
1oz Pumpkin vodka
3/4oz cinnamon schnapps
2oz sparkling wine / champagne
Everywhere you see, Buddha Bowl seems to be the new “buzz word” and we decided that we had to try it out. What could be wrong about veggies, meat and grains in a yummy flavored bowl to tempt the taste buds! Our Buddha bowl has a bit of kick to it with the Chipotle seasoning, but it’s countered nicely with the avocado. We suggest you try it if you are new to the entire Buddha craze – it isn’t as daunting as you might think.
You will need:
2 tbsp. of chipotle seasoning
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in half length wise
1/4 C olive oil
3 tbsp. chipolte adobo sauce
1 tbsp. dijon mustard
1 tbsp. honey mustard
2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1 tbsp. minced garlic
6 cups mixed greens
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced
1/4 cup torn fresh cilantro
4 green onions diced
1 avocado, sliced seed removed
1 lime, juiced
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tbsp. honey
1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
1 tbsp. coconut oil
1 lime, juiced and grated
1/4 tsp. salt
CHICKEN MARINATE DIRECTIONS
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, adobe, dijon mustard, cilantro, and garlic and mix until combined
- Place chicken into a ziploc bag and then add the sauce into the bag. Shake well
- Place chicken into the fridge for an hour to marinate
- Grill chicken to your desire.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil and honey
- In a large bowl, combine the salad and salad dressing and mix until combined
- Using a medium sized saucepan with a lid, add the quinoa and chicken stock into the pan and bring to a boil. Stirring frequently
- Once boiling, bring to a simmer and cover with the lid
- Cook for about 15-20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed
- Mix in the coconut oil, lime juice, lime zest, and salt
DIRECTIONS TO PUT TOGETHER
Using a dinner bowl, place some salad into the bowl, top with Quinoa, cherry tomato’s, cilantro, chicken, and avocado
I know you are a dutiful parent. You thoroughly inspect your child’s Trick-or-Treat bounty and purged it of all evils. I know that all Mounds Bars, Pixy Sticks and Peanut Butter Cups are culled and the rest released to Miss Sarah.
I NEED Pixy Sticks to make the Red Pixy Stick Moonshine recipe that I will share with you.
- 4 small 8oz- 10oz mason jars
- 6 cups Everclear
- 4 bags of 1.00 Pixy stick candy
- 1 tsp. grenadine flavoring in each jar
- Fill each mason jar with 8 red pixy sticks
- Pour your Everclear into each mason jar until almost full.
- Add you grenadine
- Close and seal the lids.
- Shake the jars vigorously for a minute.
- Place the jars in a cool dark place for a week.
- Shake them at least once or twice a day.
- Store up to 2 weeks.
- Store for a maximum 30 days.
- 1 cup raspberries (12-15)
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 3 oz vodka
- 3 oz ginger beer
- 1 drop neon blue food coloring
- 1 tsp. of silver shimmer dust
- Add your raspberries, lime juice, and simple syrup in blender and mix until smooth.
- Pour your mixture through a cheesecloth to remove any chunks.
- Pour your raspberry juice into a large shaker glass.
- Add your raspberry juice, food coloring, with vodka.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, combine vodka raspberry juice with ginger beer and shimmer dust and shake to combine.
- Pour the mixture in an ice filled glass.
- 1 scoop lime sherbet
- 2 oz vodka
- ½ oz sour apple pucker
- 4 oz lemon-lime soda
- 1 tsp. of shimmer dust
- Place lime sherbet, vodka, pucker and soda, into a large glass or mason jar.
- Shake to combine
- Add your shimmer dust and shake to combine