Pressure cookers have recently become quit popular in the kitchens around the world. These “instant pots” are highly sought after for their speedy cooking times. We are so busy these days that it becomes easy to run to the nearest fast food restaurant to pick up a quick dinner for the family. This is not only the least healthiest option out there, but it is also costly as well.
Using a pressure cooker will help you to cook healthy meals for your family for a fraction of the cost of take out food. With it’s speedy cooking time, you will have a healthy meal prepared in less time than it takes to run out for take out anyways. Here is a list of my favorite go-to meals that you make with your pressure cooker.
- 5 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large green tomato, and sliced
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (9-inch) pre-baked deep dish pie shell
- 1 cup grated blended pizza cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice all of your tomatoes
- Place the tomatoes in a colander in the sink.
- Use salt to season your tomatoes and allow your tomatoes drain for 10 minutes.
- Then place your tomatoes on a paper towel and pat-dry the tomatoes.
- Lightly push on the tomatoes to make sure most of the excess juice is out.
- Layer the tomato slices, basil, and onion in pie shell.
This is the first weekend of the amazing new Disney movie: Beauty and the Beast! We have whipped up a grown up cocktail to honor the event, our own Beauty and the Beast cocktail. Go, see the movie and then come home and reminisce over your favorite scenes while you enjoy this:
1 oz Citron vodka
1 oz Rum
1 oz orange liquor
2 oz Cranberry Juice
1 oz Ginger Ale
Red and white cake sprinkles
Add simple syrup to a plate, set to the side.
Add cake sprinkles sugar to a plate
Then roll rim of the glasses in the simple syrup then into the cake sprinkles
Set glasses aside
Fill your glasses with ice
Add your cranberry juice
Add the vodka, rum, and orange liquor and 3-4 pieces of ice to a cocktail shaker.
Cover, shake well, and strain into your glass.
Give it a good stir
Top with the Ginger Ale
What you need:
- 1 Splash Grenadine
2 oz Cranberry juice
2 oz Pineapple juice
1 oz Coconut Malibu rum
1oz Spiced Sailor Jerry Rum
- Combine all ingredients.
Pour over ice
Rip into it like a monkey on a cupcake
Check out this video preview:
Could it be that George Washington’s Birthday is the reason that February is National Cherry Pie Month? That old legend about the hatchet and cherry tree might be a myth but the delicious flavors of cherry pie bursting across your tongue is no joke! We scoured the internet and found these 15 Cherry Pie Recipes that are sure to please your taste buds.
1. Cherry Kool Aid Pie
2. Easy Cherry Hand Pies
3. Grandma’s French Cherry Pie
4. Cherry Pie Bombs
5. No-Bake Cherry Tarts
6. Cherry Pie Bars
7. Cherry Pie Rolls
8. Upside Down Cherry Pie
9. Cherry Slab Pie
10. Black Bottom Cherry Cream Pie
11. Apple Cherry Pie
12. Lemon Cherry Swirl Cake
13. Mini Cherry Pies
14. Easiest Cherry Pie
15. Slow Cooker Cherry Dump Cake
Do you have a favorite cherry pie recipe? Please share! We always love trying new things!
- 1 box of strawberry cake mix
- 1 box of vanilla cake mix
- canola oil
- Purple, blue and green gel coloring
- -Make the white cake mix according to the box
- -Make the strawberry cake mix according to the box
- -Divide the batter into four bowls
- -Add blue gel food coloring to one
- -Add purple gel food coloring to the second and
- -Add green gel food coloring to the third bowl.
- -Leaving the fourth bowl white cake batter
- -Leave the strawberry batter the way it is
- -Spray the Bundt pan with Pam spray.
- -Begin by spooning in the white batter then the purple next then the green batter, then the blue batter on around the pan.
- -Fill the top of the colors with the strawberry batter and take a knife and pull through to barely mix it up.
- -Bake the cake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- -Allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 20 minutes then remove the cake from the Bundt pan and place on a wire rack until completely cooled.
VANILLA ROYAL ICING:
1/4 tsp cream of tarter
3 C powder sugar plus 1/2 c on stand by
1 tsp vanilla
yellow, green, pink and blue gel food coloring
bright colored sixlets, and purple and pink sugar sprinkles
- Combine all ingredients, except the colors and sprinkles and sixlets, into a standing mixer and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add the extra half cup of powder sugar if the royal icing looks like soup once stiff peaks form split into 5 bowls
- add the colors into the bowls, mix until you have your desired color, leaving one bowl white
- drizzle the colors onto the cake with a spoon
- unicorn poop
- add the sprinkles and then the sixlets
Usually I hate movie remakes as they never seem to live up to the original but this latest version of Beauty and the Beast has me beyond excited! If Disney remakes a classic, they do it bigger and better than the original! I adore the classic story of Belle and her prince but I can’t wait for this non animated version that is just about to hit theaters!
In honor of it, have a special treat: Beauty and the Beast Cheesecake Shooters.
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
2 C graham cracker crumbs
2 TBSP sugar
5 TBSP salted butter, melted
6 plastic dessert shooters
-Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix until combined.
-Scoop a tablespoon of the crust and put it on the bottom of the shooters.
1 Tub of Already made cheesecake filling
Food coloring in Red and Yellow
2 disposable pastry bags
Split the cheesecake filling into 2 bowls
Add the red to one bowl and the yellow to the other
Scoop each of the cheesecake filling into a disposable pastry bag one color in each bag.
Cut the pastry bag tip
Twist the top of the bag so you can easily pipe the cheesecake into the shooter
Begin to add the cheesecake one color at a time
Green Vanilla Royal icing
1 egg white
1 1/2 C powder sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cream of tarter
green gel food coloring
#70 piping tip
Edible Rose cupcake toppers
-Combine all ingredients into a standing mixture
-Beat on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
-Add in the green gel coloring
-Take the piping bag and cut the tip off to fit the tip
-Add in the green royal icing to the piping bag
1 C cold heavy whipping cream
1/2 C powder sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Take the bowl of a standing mixer and put it in the fridge for 15 minutes. Pour in the heavy whipping cream and beat until stiff peaks. Add in the vanilla and powder sugar. Scoop the whipped cream into a piping bag fitted with the star tip. Pipe on whipped cream on top of the cheesecake shooters. Place a rose in the middle of the whipped cream and pipe a leaf using the green royal icing
Now, rip into it like a monkey on a cupcake!
Fat Tuesday is just around the corner and we are getting ready for some delicious celebrating! I was recently able to sample a bunch of yummy treats when I was in New Orleans last December. I do love my po’ boy sandwiches!
We have a collection of 15 Recipes to help you celebrate Celebrate Mardi Gras on your own. These made my mouth water and hope you feel the same way!
1. Shrimp Étouffée
2. One Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta
3. Cajun Breakfast Hash
4. Shrimp Creole
5. Dirty Rice Stuffed Peppers with Red Sauce
6. King Cake Bites
7. New Orleans Eggs Sardou
8. Jambalaya Pizza
9. Popeyes Red Beans and Rice
10. Shrimp Gumbo Fritters
11. Fried Okra with Louisiana Rémoulade
12. Sunday Supper Jambalaya
13. Crawfish Chowder
14. Grilled Salmon with Creole Mustard Sauce
15. Shrimp Po’boys