- 4 quarts of water
3/4 cup of sugar
2 package of cherry kool-aid
1 can of Strawberry lemonade juice concentrate (thawed)
1 can of Limeade concentrate (thawed)
1 46oz can of pineapple juice
1 liter of Sprite
This simple recipe is perfect for taking to a party or starting off your very own gathering! Ham and Cheese Cups look impressive and yet are easy to make. We serve these at family brunch!
You will need:
- 10 ham slices
- 1 Large onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cups cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 Tsp olive oil
- 8 Eggs
- 10 Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt to taste
- Parsley, as garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare a muffin tray with cooking spray.
- In a bowl mix the onion, cheddar cheese, butter, olive oil, eggs, and salt.
- Place the slices of ham in the muffin tray resembling muffin liners.
- Fill with the egg and cheese mix.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until done.
- Remove from the oven, set aside to cool down to room temperature before removing the cups from the tray.
- Top the cups with the cherry tomatoes and parsley.
Tips: Try with any other fillings!
Basically, these Unicorn Poop Cookies are just meringue cookies — pretty fat-free but don’t tell your tween that! Easier to make than it sounds, they are sure to amaze your kids.
Pear Raspberry Loaf
2 Cups flour
1 Cup brown sugar
2 Tsps baking powder
½ Cup butter
¾ Cup milk
1 Cup raspberries
1 Cup pear sauce
½ Tbsp apple vinegar
Preheat oven to 350F.
Spray cooking spray over a loaf dish.
In a large bowl add the flour, sugar, and baking powder.
In another bowl whisk the molasses, milk, eggs, butter, raspberries, pear sauce, and vinegar.
Slowly incorporate the ingredients from the first bowl into the second bowl, stirring in between.
Mix until thick and transfer to the loaf dish.
Top with a couple extra raspberries and place in the oven for 30 minutes or until done.
Remove, set aside to cool, serve, and enjoy.
Try it adding different fruits.
Mocktails have become a household name — basically meaning cocktail without alcohol. The allure of them is simple, the kiddos can enjoy them as well as you and on a hot summer day? You aren’t warming yourself up with a buzz. This is a simple and refreshing recipe that will be a family favorite quickly!
You will need:
- 2 Cups lemon sparkling water
- 4 Lemons juiced
- ½ Cup sugar syrup
- ½ Cucumber
- 4 Lemon wedges
- ¼ Cup mint leaves
- In a jar, mix the lemon sparkling water, lemon juice, and sugar syrup.
- Stir well to combine.
- Refrigerate to chill.
- Muddle the glasses with the mint leaves.
- Slice the cucumber and add it to the glasses with the lemon wedges.
- Serve the mojito mocktails
Tip: Make your own sugar syrup mixing equal parts of sugar and boiling water.
This is one of those refreshing takes on an old classic. The cilantro and lime give the steak a little zip while keeping it light and tasty.
- 1/2 lb steak, sliced into wedges
- 1/4 Tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 1 Cup lime juice
- 2 Tbsps chopped cilantro
- Extra lime slices for garnishing
In a small bowl, combine the pepper, salt, lime juice, and cilantro.
Add in the wedges of steak and toss until mixture fully covers the meat.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to let marinate.
Place steak on a grill and cook both sides for 15 minutes (20 minutes if meat is preferred well done).
Season to taste with additional salt and pepper if needed.
Garnish with cilantro and lime slices.
Serve and enjoy.
Tip: Give an even tastier and aromatic spin to the steak by adding 1/4 tsp of cumin to the lime juice mixture.
Juicing is not dead because of the souping craze. You have many juicing options and I want to preset a few for you. Why should you start juicing? Juicing has great healing benefits and health benefits. It is an excellent way to get in your daily intake of fruits and vegetables. You can juice for health maintenance, weight loss or energy boosters. Whatever your choice it is easy and affordable to get started.
Tips For The Beginners
- You do not have to have a juicing machine to get started. I recommend using a blender until you decide if you are all in. Juicers range in price from about $60 to $500 and you probably already have a blender.
- Your goal should be an intake of three whole fruits a day and four whole vegetables a day. Remember to go for color in your selection process so that you have a good mixture of taste, vitamins and minerals.
- Watch your calorie and sugar intake. When juicing it is sort of easy to lose count of your calorie intake and sugar intake so stay with a plan that is is not so heavy on the fruit side and remember to cut fruit juicing with flax seed, yogurt, almond milk or even a vegetable or peanut butter.
Great Starter Recipes
There are a number of juicing recipes out there and it is an acquired taste. You will definitely learn how to tweak recipes to your liking and still get the most from them. My secret weapon is a green apple and greek yogurt. This two babies make everything taste right whether used together or solo. Here are some sites I try recipes from and have gotten some tasty recipes.
Great Juicer Machines
There is a huge variety of Juicing machines to select from. The prices are all over the place as well ranging from $60 to $500. It is truly what you can afford and what you looking for in a machine. Here are three in three different price ranges.
- Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt Juice Extractor. This is available at various stores and online at Amazon.com. The price ranges from about $130 to $160.
- Omega VRT350 Heavy Duty Dual-Stage Vertical Single Auger Low Speed Juicer. This baby really performs and cost about $300.
- Magic Bullet NutriBullet 12-Piece High-Speed Blender/Mixer System. Is a simple one serving system and the price ranges between $50 and $75. This is available at stores like Target and Walmart or you can get it online at Amazon as well.
Benefits of Juicing
The best example to share with you regarding to juice or not to juice is the film Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead by Joe Cross. This film will make you change your life and make juicing a lifestyle choice. http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/watch-fat-sick-and-nearly-dead/
- 1 package of pie crust
1 jar of strawberry jam
Pink, purple, green, yellow and blue gel colors
Parchment paper, cut to fit the baking sheet