Real men DO eat Quiche! It’s frugal, a great way to disguise leftovers, keeps well and reheats well, freezes well and has a ton of variations. Of all the basic recipes I have ever tried, this gets the most compliments, try it and enjoy!
Cheddar, Chive & Bacon Quiche
You will need:
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 ounces cheese, shredded cheddar
- 2 cups of add-ins (diced bacon and chives, with more cheddar cheese)
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shell
Preheat oven to 425*, pop pie shell in for 5-10 minutes to crisp it up a bit.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and half-and-half. Season with salt, white pepper and nutmeg. Place shredded cheese in the pie shell with the 2 cups of add-ins.
Pour egg mixture over cheese.
Allow to set 5 to 10 minutes before serving, then rip into it like a monkey on a cupcake!