I am “queen of leftovers” — or, have simply mastered the ability to cook a meal and see it actually becoming three different dinners. This is a great example of that! I used leftover beer can chicken in this salad to give it a shot of protein.
Every good salad needs a GREAT dressing! That is why I was tickled to try this gem from my friends at the Harold Import Company:
This special bottle helps you make lighter versions of 8 different classic salad dressings simply by following the instructions right on it! It’s 13 oz, which is bigger than standard 8 oz bottles at the store.
What I love:
- No preservatives in my finished product
- It is easy to make/use
- I know what my family is eating
- I can make it, serve it and store it in the same container
- It is made in the USA
- Recipes for Ceasar, French, Italian, Greek, Vinaigrette, Balsamic Vinaigrette, Honey Mustard and Asian dressings
- It is a LOT less expensive to make my own over buying it premade
OK — now back to my salad, LOL!
Chicken Ceasar Salad
- Romaine lettuce
- 1/4 C Grated parmesean cheese
- 1-2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- Caesar Dressing (I can’t share THEIR recipe, sorry)
Wash and tear your lettuce into bite sized pieces. I actuall wash it 2-3 times as it is usually pretty sandy. Add the other ingredients and toss to coat.
*Tip — this is GREAT turning into a sandwich by just wrapping inside a tortilla…or try stuffing it inside a pita pocket!