Quick and easy candy recipes for you today, I love to have packages of some of these made up and ready to go so I am prepared for the person that just stops by and has a little giftie for us. This way I am not caught off guard!
Hands down, the best prices I have seen on bark, nuts and general candy supplies is Farm N Fleet this time of year. GREAT prices compared to the grocery stores and good quality. Enjoy!
Tips on cooking candy in your microwave
1. Use containers 2 to 3 times larger than quantity to prevent boil-over.
2.Watch candy closely because a microwave oven cooks sugar very fast.
3. When using a candy thermometer, remove candy from oven first, unless you are using a specially designed microwave candy thermometer.
4. Stir candy during cooking so heat is equalized and candy cooks smooth.
· 1 6oz pkg. butterscotch chips
· 1 6oz pkg. chocolate chips
· 1 cup salted peanuts
· 1 cup ripple potato chips
Place morsels in 3 Qt. Tupperwave Casserole. Microwave at 50% power for 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in peanuts and potato chips. Drop by teaspoon onto wax paper. Cool until set. Freezes well.