I may have been compensated for this post. If an item is being reviewed, I am not obligated to give a positive review and always use my own words. This disclosure is in accordance with Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Dannelle at email@example.com
I simply love playing with Oreo cookies as they hold up perfectly for dipping in chocolate and then decorating! These whimsical Chocolate Gingerbread People Oreos are beyond adorable and super easy to whip up.
Here is the simple recipe
- 1 package of Double stuffed Oreos
- 1 bag of Ghiradelli milk chocolate melting wafers
- 1 tube of white cookie icing
- 1 tube of black cookie icing
- 48 mini red M&Ms
- Using a double boiler, melt your milk chocolate.
- Once chocolate is melted drop a Oreo into the melted chocolate, using a fork flip the cookie over so that both sides get coated.
- Pick up the cookie and lightly tap the edge of the pot to get the excess chocolate off.
- Place dipped cookie onto the parchment paper
- Repeat steps with remaining cookies until all milk chocolate has been used.
- Let cookies harden for 30 minutes before decorating
- Once chocolate has hardened, using the white cookie icing, make broken lines around the edge of the cookie
- Using the black icing, pipe on two black dots for the eyes, and a half circle below for the mouth
- Place one M&Ms at each end of the mouth
- Repeat with remaining Oreos
- Once all have been decorated let sit for another 30 minutes before enjoying with a big glass of milk or coffee