Occasionally, I love something light, tart and refreshing in the world of treats. These Refreshing Coconut Lime Cookies, with the delightful lime glaze fit just the bill. I can feel my taste-buds puckering now just at the thought of them!
You will need:
Makes 2 dozen cookies
2 3/4 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 C Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter
1 1/2 C sugar
1 large egg, room temp
1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla extract
1 tsp Coconut flavoring
zest 1 large lime
4 tbsp lime juice, 1 lime
1 C toasted unsweetened coconut
1/2 C of sugar for cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Sprinkle your unsweetened coconut onto one of the cookie trays and place in the oven for 4-6 minutes or until it starts to brown. Keep a close eye on it!
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Using a whisk, mix the dry ingredients until combined, set aside
- Using a standing mixer, beat on medium speed together the butter and sugar until combined and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and mix until combined
- Add the vanilla, coconut flavoring, lime juice and lime zest and mix until combined.
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients using a wooden spoon
- Mix in the toasted coconut
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop some dough into your hands and roll the dough until it is in a ball
- Roll dough into the 1/2 C of sugar
- Place cookie balls onto the cookie sheets and bake for 8-12 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Once done baking, place cookies onto a wire rack to continue to cool
Lime glaze ingredients
- 1 C powder sugar
- 2 tbsp lime zest
- 1/2 lime juice
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until smooth and syrup like
- If the glaze is still powdery, add in more lime juice
- Drizzle lime glaze onto the cookies
- Let sit for 10 minutes before enjoying!