If you’re a coffee drinker, chances are you drink at least one cup of coffee every day. Preparing, brewing and drinking your morning cup is no doubt part of your routine.
But, that doesn’t mean that you need to settle for the same old cup. These are a few clever hacks, to give a tasty twist to your favorite blend.
- Tired of your iced coffee getting watery once the ice melts? Pour some coffee into an ice cube tray and freeze overnight. Then, use those frozen coffee cubes to chill your iced coffee rather than ice cubes. This way, as the ice melts, it adds more coffee to your cup, instead of making it weaker and tasteless.
- Have you ever had to settle for coffee made with bitter or low-quality coffee grounds? Maybe this happens at work, more times than you care to mention. If so, add a pinch of salt to the cup to enhance the flavor and mask some of the not-so-great qualities that usually come with mediocre coffee.
- Need to make some frothed milk for a latte? Pour some warm milk into a French press, then move the plunger up and down until a layer of froth forms at the top. Easy-peasy!
- Want to make your own flavored coffee grounds? Once you load them into the filter, sprinkle some spices on top to add a new element to the flavor. While many different spices are suitable, the best to use are typically cinnamon or nutmeg. But, ultimately, the choice is up to you!
- Tired of paying too much for expensive coffee creamers? Don’t panic! There are a number of recipes online for coffee creamers that call for cream and/or condensed milk. Not only does this save you money, you can easily add flavored syrups to the mix for an extra-special treat!
Now that you know more about taking your cup of coffee to the next level, there’s no better time to brew a pot. Chances are, you’ll be pleased with the difference.