I may have been compensated for this post. If an item is being reviewed, I am not obligated to give a positive review and always use my own words. This disclosure is in accordance with Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Dannelle at email@example.com
- You make only ONE kind of cookie and finish your holiday baking, after swapping out
- You get new recipes
- You often have snacks or games!
That being said, I do one every year – in December, about 2 weeks before Christmas. (You can read about it HERE or see a TV segment I did on it http://youtu.be/-iUR7GlAiQw).
I thought it would be fun to have a collection of 30 fun recipes to try – one a day in November – so you can be prepared for that holiday baking!
Today’s recipe idea comes from Eat, Snack, Love and I know, it’s not a cookie but a bar. Still – they look super yummy!
Crust2 sticks butter, softened
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 2/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
Topping1 stick butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup honey
2 Tablespoons heavy cream
2 cups chopped pecans
Directions1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together in a stand mixer using the paddle attachment. Add the flour and salt and mix until it is crumbly. Press it into the bottom of the pan until it is all packed together.
3. Bake for 20 minutes until it is golden brown. While the crust bakes, prepare the pie filling.
4. Put all of the topping ingredients, except the pecans, into a saucepan and stir over medium heat. Let simmer for about a minute and then add in pecans.
5. Remove the crust from the oven and immediately pour pecan mixture over the crust, filling the entire pan. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
6. Remove the pan from the oven and let cool completely. Then gently pull the parchment paper out of the pan and cut.