This is a great receips I found at UnSophisticatedCook.
Here is the thing: you need a cute little iron to make them. These are delicate, crisp, wafer cookies – great with egg nog, Tom & Jerry’s and even coffee.
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Beat eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl approximately 2 to 3 minutes, until they’re fluffy and a light yellow color.
- Slowly drizzle in melted and cooled butter and add vanilla extract.
- Using a spatula, fold in flour and baking powder just until incorporated into the wet ingredients.
- Bake one tablespoon per mold in pizzelle maker until golden brown, about 30 seconds. Remove and cool on rack.
- Omit vanilla in recipe above, adding 3 tablespoons of quality unsweetened cocoa powder sifted and 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar.