Hummus is one of those things EVERYONE should know how to make. It’s healthy because it packs plenty of nutrients and fills you up as it’s high in fiber. You can use it as a dip with chips or veggies, as a condiment on something like a ham sandwich, or even as “glue” in your pita sandwiches to hold in the different items.
Regardless, it’s SUPER easy to make and, frugal if you pick up cans of chick peas in February (National Canned Food Month)
Here is a SIMPLE recipe that you can even teach the kids to make:
You will need:
- 1 can of chick peas
- 1/2 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of water
1. Drain the chick peas and dump them into a blender or food processor.
2. Add remaining ingredients but only half of the water (1/8 cup)
3. Puree until smooth, adding additional water until your desired consistency is reached.
4. Serve with chips, crackers, veggies or crackers.