Miss Sarah wanted a princess Elsa costume for Halloween this year so I shopped around… There was no way I was spending 50, 60, 70 dollars on something that was so poorly made and would only be worn a few times!
So we started with a playdress that I got at a summer garage sale for $1…
It was somebody’s dance recital costume as it’s basically a dressed up leotard!
Now, the big hunt to find fabric to make the cape that drapes behind her… I scored at Walmart! $4.44 a yard.
I quickly did a simple theme all the way around the edge of the fabric. Then I made a large straight stitch across the top side and used it to pull one thread and pucker it.
I knew I wanted the back to look like this:
So I stitched down the wrong side of the cape to the right side of the dress…
All I added then was a silver snowflake pin that I already had, to the front of the dress.
That created one princess Elsa dress for a grand total of $7.66 and one very happy Miss Sarah