I may have been compensated for this post. If an item is being reviewed, I am not obligated to give a positive review and always use my own words. This disclosure is in accordance with Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Dannelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
I LOVE LOVE LOVE summer holidays and anything goofy to go with them so these Patriotic Deviled Eggs just fit the bill to be something familiar and yet different for a celebration!
You will need:
1 package of eggs (12 eggs)
red and blue food dye
1 large pot to boil the eggs
1 large bowl for ice water
1/2 C mayo
1/4 C mustard
1/4 C Ketchup
1/4 C sugar
1/4 C milk
3 tbsp distilled white vinegar
1 large bowl to dye the eggs
1 medium bowl to mix the sauce
1 small bowl to smash the yolk
1 piping bag with a star tip
- Using the large pot, add water half way to it and place eggs in it
- Place pot onto the stove top on medium to high heat and bring to a boil
- Once boiling, cover and remove from heat
- Let sit for 10 minutes before transferring eggs to an ice bath
- Once eggs have cooled, peel the shell off
- In a large bowl, fill half way with water and add in about 10-20 drops of blue food dye until you get a light but dark color.
- Place eggs into the dye and let sit for 1 hour
- Once the hour is up, pull the eggs out and let sit to dry for 5 minutes.
- Cut the eggs in half going lengthwise.
- Place the yolk into the small bowl and set aside
- Using the medium bowl, combine the mayo, mustard, ketchup, sugar, milk and vinegar and mix until combined
- Using a fork, smash the yolk until fine but crumbly crumbs
- Gradually add in a little bit of the sauce at a time, you don’t want it to be runny.
- Once you have a paste like mixture add a few drops of the red dye and mix.
- Once you get the red shade that you like, add mixture to the piping bag.
- Pipe some yolk into the center of the eggs and top with chopped chives
Check out some of our other Patriotic Treats: