To me, holidays are a simple way to create memories that our children will come to cherish when they are adults and look back at their lives. It’s important to me to dress things up and make it as special as I can. That is what a tablescape is about — helping dress up the mealtime experience with your family so you can enjoy the “magic” of the moment.
We have a smaller group for Thanksgiving this year, only 6 people. Supplies:
- Lay the orange tablecloth across the table.
- Roll out the orange decorative mesh onto the middle of the table. Cut the desired amount.
- Place Fall/Harvest Garland Decoration in the center of the table. If you don’t have a Hobby Lobby nearby, you can find Fall Garland Decor items at your nearest Target, craft store, Kohl’s, or online.
- I added a brown pumpkin (feel free to add more) to one side of the garland.
- Towards the end of the table, I added the gold & orange paper ring garland decorations picked up from my local craft store.
- For each place setting, I added a gold charger, and a cream & gold swirl dinner plate. I placed a gold rim glass and silverware on each appropriate side of the plate (fork on the left; spoon, and knife on the right).
- I set a fall cloth napkin in between the charger and plate.
- On top of each plate, I added a Turkey napkin holder for fun. Feel free to change up the cloth napkin, by placing it on top of the plate (under the Turkey napkin holder).