- We were at the cabin for a week with my father in law and he wouldn’t let us pay for anything. He said it was his way to pay us back for all the work we have done on his home after Mom passed away in March and wouldn’t let us pay for anything. We tried…
- We were at Vacation Bible Camp for another week — and food was included.
- We were in Florida for almost two weeks, had the Disney Dining plan, packed food for the cooler/road and stayed at my sisters.
That meant VERY little shopping here.
Our shelves and freezer are still plentiful, but we will need fresh stuff this week (bread, fruit, etc)…
I hit the stores last Saturday and got:
- 3 pack hot dogs @$1.68 (normally $2.59)
- 2 bricks cheese @$1.88 (normally $2.99)
- 1 can black beans @$1.29 (normally $1.49)
- 4 Starbursts @$ 0.60 (normally 0.99)
- 2 Wilton muffin tin paper packs @$1.48
- 1 L Roundy’s Gingerale @$1.00
- hot dog buns @$0.88 (normally 1.39)
- 2 bags Krunchers! Chips @$1.99 (normally $4.26)
- Kozy Shack Rice Pudding @$3.49
—coupons used: $5 in ad Kraft/Oscar Mayer Coupon, (2) $1.00/1 Wilton (doubled to $1.48), $1/2 Krunchers! (doubled), (2) $1.00/2 Starburst (doubled), FREE KozyShack, FREE S&W beans, FREE Roundy’s Soda.
Final total: $35.75 for $5.12, saving 85%
The Starbursts and Gingerale are for the holidays, everything else for now…I think we will have chili dog casserole next week!
$100.00 budget (August)
-$19.29 (Copps on 10/9)
$80.81 to go
– 5.12 Copps (8/31)
$75.69 left over.
Not too shabby, but VERY unrealistic for a normal month.
This week I am going through my shelves, pulling out ANYthing expired and making a list of items to stock up on. I know I am getting low on canned veggies but hope to pull in some farm produce to can (beans, carrots and beets). We need cold cereal, shampoo, basic baking items (sugar and brown sugar) and pasta – off of the top of my head.
Who else wants another Double Double Daze at Copps/Pick N Save? HA!