I may have been compensated for this post. If an item is being reviewed, I am not obligated to give a positive review and always use my own words. This disclosure is in accordance with Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Dannelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have entered a new year and as the old one ends, we usually find ourselves looking back at what we did and forward to what we would like to change.
- Time with Amazing Friends
- My Father-In-Law is now in a nursing home where he can get the care he needs instead of living alone and us freaking out.
- Great travel opportunities – like Miss Sarah and I going to Germany!
- A house that is fully paid off.
- Miss Sarah being fully funded for college and is now a sophomore at the age of 11!
- Between Miss Sarah and I, we have written over 100 books.
- Being asked back on the lecture circuit to talk about how we saved money and what you can do too!
Looking forward, this is a big year!
- I turn 50 in March (not sure how that crept up on me…)
- I am going through weight loss surgery to drop 100 pounds
- We have a girl coming from the Ukraine this summer through the Circle of Love program
- I am going to Czechoslovakia
- We are going to visit family in Maine and Massachusetts
- We are going to use the pop up camper that I am currently. a lot.
While that may not seem like much, it’s pretty huge.
I will have a new lifestyle to adjust to and we will travel while watching over a kiddo that is escaping the radiation of her home country to get healthier.
Changes for the blog this year?
I will share the following each week
- A fun recipe or idea
- A review of one of my books
- A round up of posts over the last 10 years that are seasonally applicable.
- A snippet of my weight loss journey
- Travel tips/information
Occasionally, you will see product reviews and I will bring back my holiday gift guide again in the fall.
I know many people pick a “word” for the year to be their focus. Mine this year is ME. I am going to work on ME.
In the past I have worked on our finances, New house, Miss Sarah, My Father-In-law and now it it time for ME.
What are your goals for the new year? Do you have a word? What is the big thing that you really need to work on?