It’s coming to Wisconsin – have you seen the weather reports for next week? Every day will be 95 degrees and higher.
These are a few things that work for us — some things need to be done NOW, before it gets too hot.
- Stay Hydrated. It is easier to get sun stroke and heat stroke than you think. Water, water, water. keep drinking it!
- Find a place to go, if you don’t have A/C: think movie theaters, malls, etc. This is great for the hottest part of the day (11-5)
- Keep the sun out of your house. If you are like us, with some nice big curtainless windows, you need to cover them. It can be something simple like bath towels and clothespins – but you don’t want the added heat of the sunlight warming up your home.We have cute windows with lace valances at the top and cafe style shutters on the bottom half of the windows which leaves a nice 2 foot by 3 foot area on the tops that need to be covered up.
- Make cold food like pasta salads, sandwich spreads, Tostada ingredients, Quiche (can be eaten cold), even Smoothies! Anything that you can eat – that won’t heat up your house to serve is a great idea – even using your grill!
- Make popsicles! This brings out the summer news segments and magazine covers. They are SUPER easy to do and fun for the kiddos!