While June is National Dairy Month, July is National Ice Cream month! For many people, ice cream is the perfect dessert for a hot summer day. But, are you getting the most out of the classic frozen treat? Here are some ice cream hacks that bring a clever twist to this yummy dessert.
- Tired of working hard to serve frozen ice cream at parties? Instead of scooping ice cream out of the container, cut the entire container in half. Next, cut each half into slices and you’re good to go!
- Another great way to make serving ice cream at parties easier is to do all of your scooping the night before. Get out a couple of cupcake pans and drop a scoop of ice cream into each cup. Keep the pans in the freezer until you’re ready to serve them.
- Want to make your own ice cream sandwiches? Buy a pint of ice cream, and cut it into slices. Sandwich each slice between two homemade cookies or brownies. If you’re feeling especially indulgent, sandwich your ice cream between two donuts or cinnamon rolls.
- Running out of peanut butter or hazelnut spread? Make use of that last bit of spread by dropping a scoop of ice cream into the jar and swirling it around. This will turn that impossible-to-reach peanut butter at the bottom of the jar into a delicious treat.
- Need to split a pint of ice cream with a friend? Instead of trusting them to only eat their half, cut the whole pint in half lengthwise and pop each half into a bowl. This will make creating perfectly even portions a breeze.
- Want to create your own colorful ice cream popsicles? Drop a handful of gummy bears into each compartment of a popsicle maker, then fill with softened ice cream and re-freeze. The end result: flavorful ice cream surrounding colorful gummy bears. What a fun-to-eat treat.
These are just a few hacks to make your relationship with ice cream easier. Remember, there’s no such thing as too much ice cream!
We thought you might like these other ice cream ideas of ours: