I may have been compensated for this post. If an item is being reviewed, I am not obligated to give a positive review and always use my own words. This disclosure is in accordance with Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Dannelle at email@example.com
Most people have a love-hate relationship with the season of Winter, I am definitely one of those people! I personally LOVE the holidays and just the Winter season in general. It gives me so much joy and happiness and it’s just my favorite time of the year, but I must admit that I am not a big fan of the cold weather. Kids are the same, it is definitely a fun time to go out and play in the snow and build a snowman or make snow angels BUT it’s also dangerous to have your kids out in the freezing cold a ton in the winter because they can easily catch a cold or get sick. This is why although it is fun to play outside, you gotta come up with some fun activities that they can do inside the house as well! Today I’m going to be sharing with you a few activities that are simple and fun for your kiddos to do inside during the winter season!
1. Make your Own Snow: If your kids really do love to play in the snow, there is a formula that you can mix together to create the effect and feel of snow but it’s not so cold and they can still play with it inside! You simply need to just mix together a white colored shampoo, it doesn’t matter what brand, and some baking soda until you get it to the thickened consistency that you are looking for! This way they can make mini snowmen or snow cultures in the comfort and warmth of the indoors.
2. Make a Fort: This was ALWAYS one of my favorite things to do when I was a child! This is simple enough, all you need are some blankets and things to hold them up. I personally just used to use the furniture that was around me when I build my forts. It is such a fun time to sit inside your fort and watch a fun movie or sip on some hot chocolate!
3. Make a Christmas Chain: When I was a child I used to love making a Christmas chain used to count down the days until Christmas arrives! I used to love doing this starting from Thanksgiving day and counting down from there. This is fun because your kiddos can decorate and create their chain in what ever way they would and they can make it their own!
4. Sledding Indoors: This one is a bit dependent on how you feel as a parent as well as what type of house you live in as well! If you don’t want you kids sledding outdoors in the snow all day long, an inside solution is getting some sleeping bags and “sledding” down the stairs in your home! We did this so much growing up as kids and it was a blast! We got to stay warm and enjoy the indoors while having fun and getting the thrill of sledding!
5. Movie Marathon: Sometimes kids don’t need to be constantly going, they like to relax and hang out just like adults! So a really great idea for a good time indoors is to gather up a bunch of fun Christmas movies and have a little movie marathon with them! Enjoy some delicious popcorn and some hot chocolate, trust me they will absolutely love it!
Kids don’t necessarily need to be outside playing in the snow, they can have a good time inside as well! So this winter as it gets colder outdoors, keep these activities in mind so that your children can have a great time indoors!