We like simple meals but we also like trying something different. This is a fun thing to whip up if you want to impress someone — enjoy!
LEMON CAPER CHICKEN POTATO CASSEROLE
- 1 can of each condensed cream and cream of mushroom
- 1/2 cup milk we use skim (pictured whole)
- 1.5 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes thinly sliced ( 1/4 in thick)
- 2 tsp of jarred minced garlic
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts- we like them long and thinly sliced
- salt and black pepper in mix and a pinch on top
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced and halved
- 2 TBSP of Capers
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Add condensed soup and milk to a saucepan and whisk to combine.
Heat over medium-high heat until simmering, stir frequently.
In a separate bowl, add potatoes, onion, garlic, and chicken.
Pour in the condensed soup mixture on top, along with a pinch of salt and pepper,
Combine all of the potato and chicken mixture until it is evenly coated.
Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
Layer lemon slices into the mixture randomly.
Sprinkle top of mixture with Capers.
Then cover the top of the casserole dish with aluminum foil.
Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Carefully remove the foil, and change oven to “broil”.
Broil the casserole for an extra 2-3 minutes to crisp up the top.
Remove pan from oven and serve warm…then rip into it like a monkey on a cupcake!