School has just started here and that means a series of days filled with running around from school to after school activities, to homework and practices. Run, run, run, run and run some more! We always are looking for quick and easy treats to recharge ourselves and keep going until dinner time…and this up-scaled monkey bread fits the bill.
Don’t get me wrong, I love the childhood classics as much as anyone…and usually don’t mess with them. The warm, ooey-goey vanilla smelling monkey bread matched with chocolate is perfect for a quick pick me up after school before running off to the next activity.
You will need:
- 2 – 7.5 oz cans refrigerated biscuit home-style dough
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 bag of M&Ms
- 1 C sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 C butter melted
- 1 C brown sugar, packed
- Ziploc bags
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Spray your bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray heavily, and set aside.
- Open the cans of biscuit dough.
- Cut your biscuits in to quarters.
- Flatten out the pieces and place 3 M&M inside.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the butter and brown sugar. mix until melted and combined.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon into a Ziploc bag, Place the M&M filled biscuits inside of the bag and shake until coated
- Now begin place the dough balls in the bundt pan evenly spreading them out.
- Pour the brown sugar and butter mixture over the dough balls in the bundt pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until dough appears to be a golden brown.
- Let for 5 minutes then place on your serving dish
- Drizzle caramel sauce and sprinkle M&Ms on top.