You may have noticed that I have bought a few jars of Nutella over the last month. First of all – when you make a 4 year old a Peanut Butter and Nutella sandwich instead of using jelly – it’s hard to get them back to jelly. (Shocker!) It’s that chocolate hazelnut goodness that sucks you in…sigh.
Here is another great way to use it – Nutella Rice Krispie Treats! It can be made Gluten Free if you use the GF Rice Krispies that recently came out. (for my big sissy!) It’s as easy to make as the “normal” version — but OOOOHHHH so yummier!
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 package (10 oz.) regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup Nutella
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
Directions for stove top:
Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in Nutella until melted. Add cereal. Stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until well coated. It helps to wet the spoon to keep it from sticking. Wet your hands with water and evenly press mixture into a 13 x 9-inch pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Cool and cut into 2-inch squares. Seriously – the wet hands is the trick to a no-stick-on-your-hands finish.
Melt butter and marshmallows in your 3 Qt Tupperwave Stack Cooker Casserole (2 minutes or so) and stir with a silicone spatula until completely melted. THEN stir in Nutella until melted. Add cereal. Stir until well coated. Again, it helps to wet the spatula to keep it from sticking. Wet your hands with water and evenly press mixture into a 13 x 9-inch pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Cool and cut into 2-inch squares.
- I get butter for $2/# or less, so 1/2 stick is about $.13
- The marshmallows are snowman shaped and were bought after Christmas, so $.19 for a whole bag
- Nutella cost me $.59 for a 13 ounce jar and I use just over half a jar, so $.36
- The Rice Krispies were FREE from a past cereal deal