Ahoy Matey! I am still lovin’ my Johnny Depp new film this weekend and have even MORE treats for the lil’ pirates! These Krispie Treats will keep them from making you walk the plank!
You will need:
- 6 c chocolate rice krispie cereal
10 oz mini marshmallows
3 tablespoons butter
Spray cupcake pan with Pam spray and set aside.
In the sauce pan, on medium heat melt the butter, then pour in the mini marshmallows and mix until melted. Pour in the cereal and mix until combined. Once, mixed scoop the rice krispie mix into the sprayed cupcake pans, press down on the top.
Set aside to cool.
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter
- 2 1/2 C powder sugar
- 4 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 drops of green food coloring
- piping bag with a number 66 tip
- 1 bag of edible grass (found at Walmart in the Easter section also can be ordered online)
- 1 small bag of edible pearls
- 1 small bag of gold rock gum
- 1/2 pound of chocolate rock candy
- 2-4 sticks of clear rock candy
- 1 package of pirate flags (found at hobby lobby)
In a standing mixer, combine all ingredients except the food coloring. If the frosting is still soft and doesn’t create stiff peaks, add in 1/4 C of powder sugar. Add the food coloring then scoop frosting into the piping bag.
Pipe the top of the rice krispie rounds with the frosting to make “leaf” effects. Cut about 4-6 inches of the edible grass and then stick into the frosting and add the pirate flag.
Using the rock candy’s, gold gum and pearls, decorate however you want to!