I may have been compensated for this post. If an item is being reviewed, I am not obligated to give a positive review and always use my own words. This disclosure is in accordance with Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Dannelle at email@example.com
FALL is here! I love all things fall like apples, the changing colors of the leaves and PUMPKINS!
Pumpkins for decorating and of course, for eating! Pumpkin bars, pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins and even pumpkin pancakes!
These Pumpkin Butterscotch Pancakes are a slight twist on the yummy pumpkin pancakes we always made, and I hope your family loves them!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of pumpkin spice
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cup of milk
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup of butterscotch chips (or as desired)
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin spice and baking powder together.
- In a medium bowl mix together pumpkin puree, milk, vanilla extract, melted butter and eggs together.
- Gently fold in wet mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Heat griddle or pan to medium heat. Melt a little butter on pan to grease it, add in a ¼ of pancake batter. Add a few butterscotch chips to the top of each pancake before flipping. Brown each side of the pancakes for 3-4 minutes, flipping once, until cooked through.
***This pancake will be a little dense, but still yummy! I suggest medium heat so the pancakes have time to cook through. These make about 10-12 smaller pancakes. If serving to a larger bunch, I’d suggest doubling the recipe.
Slightly adapted by http://allrecipes.com/recipe/235535/simply-pumpkin-pancakes/