FALL is here! I love all things fall like apples, the changing colors of the leaves and PUMPKINS!
Pumpkins for decorating and of course, for eating! Pumpkin bars, pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins and even pumpkin pancakes!
These Pumpkin Butterscotch Pancakes are a slight twist on the yummy pumpkin pancakes we always made, and I hope your family loves them!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of pumpkin spice
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cup of milk
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup of butterscotch chips (or as desired)
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin spice and baking powder together.
- In a medium bowl mix together pumpkin puree, milk, vanilla extract, melted butter and eggs together.
- Gently fold in wet mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Heat griddle or pan to medium heat. Melt a little butter on pan to grease it, add in a ¼ of pancake batter. Add a few butterscotch chips to the top of each pancake before flipping. Brown each side of the pancakes for 3-4 minutes, flipping once, until cooked through.
***This pancake will be a little dense, but still yummy! I suggest medium heat so the pancakes have time to cook through. These make about 10-12 smaller pancakes. If serving to a larger bunch, I’d suggest doubling the recipe.
Slightly adapted by http://allrecipes.com/recipe/235535/simply-pumpkin-pancakes/