I may have been compensated for this post. If an item is being reviewed, I am not obligated to give a positive review and always use my own words. This disclosure is in accordance with Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Dannelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is something that I just rediscovered…I used to make it a lot. It’s frugal, a great way to disguise leftovers, keeps well and reheats well, freezes well and has a ton of variations. Of all the basic recipes I have ever tried, this gets the most compliments. Try it and enjoy!
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups half-and-half cream
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 ounces cheese, shredded (mozzarella, cheddar, Swiss, etc)
- 2 cups of add-ins (chopped whatever you want)**
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shell
- **Add-ins ideas: chicken/spinach or ham/broccoli or bacon/onion/mushroom**
- Preheat oven to 425*, pop pie shell in for 5-10 minutes to crisp it up a bit.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and half-and-half. Season with salt, white pepper and nutmeg. Place shredded cheese in the pie shell with the 2 cups of add-ins. Pour egg mixture over cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350*, and bake for 25 minutes, or until crust is golden and filling is set. Allow to set 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
7 FreeStyle SmartPoints per 1/8 quiche if using vegetables and chicken as add-ins