I may have been compensated for this post. If an item is being reviewed, I am not obligated to give a positive review and always use my own words. This disclosure is in accordance with Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Dannelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
In my house the day after Thanksgiving is filled with pilfering the leftovers of last nights dinner and cat naps as we try to sleep off the effects of too much turkey but in a lot of families the day after Thanksgiving is known as Black Friday Madness. As my family stays indoors and safely away from retail chains and supermarkets, there are a lot of families who take these stores by storm in the hopes to get their hands on the latest goods at awesome prices; Black Friday just one of many events during the holidays that goes a long way in helping you complete those mile long Christmas gift lists you’ve managed to wrack up over the course of the year.
Thankfully for me, I’ve been fortunate enough to be able to work with a string of great companies that have offered me the opportunity to review their stellar products so instead of braving the Black Friday mobs, I’m able to stay in front of my computer and let my readers know about the latest and greatest gifts they can buy from the comfort of their own homes. WowWee and their innovative tech toys are just one of those companies. I was given the opportunity to work with WowWee and was sent their R.E.V models to review and to share my opinions of the product here on my blog with all of my wonderful readers.
WowWee designs, develops, markets and distributes innovative robotic toys and consumer entertainment products. Their design concepts and imaginative products are truly what sets them apart from other toy making companies. After introducing their Robosapien in 2004, WowWee revolutionized the way we interact with robotic companions.
R.E.V, otherwise known as Robotic Enhanced Vehicles, are the future of remote control cars. Designed with advanced compact robotics, independent wheel-based propulsion and Beacon-Sense GPS tracking, working together via a CPU processing at 16 million cycles per second- for the sole purpose of hunting you down. Using your smartphone as the controller, setting up your device is easy and painless–simply download the free R.E.V app from your playstore, and link it with your device by holding it above your R.E.V device.
Features of the R.E.V include but aren’t limited to:
- Self driving via artificial intelligence. The R.E.V device is able to think for itself while driving and fighting to win.
- Situational Awareness. BeaconSense technology enables R.E.V devices to track each other from up to 5 miles away.
- Real Time Tracking and Planning. R.E.V tracks the status and location of other devices in real time so it’s artificial intelligence continuously adjusts its tactics. When damaged, your R.E.V will flee until its had time to heal the damage done in battle.
- Simulated Vehicle Damage Physics. R.E.V vehicles mimic real-world physic. If a vehicle takes a hit, it will react and and handle as if the impact was real. If hit from behind, it’ll lunge forward. If hit from the side, it’ll veer off course.
There are so many different ways to use your R.E.V device, you’re child will enjoy hours upon hours of play time without ever growing bored, especially with the different game modes that are included with your device.
- Arena. The default mode after connecting your R.E.V car. Tap the A.I button to discover cars nearby and battle a fleet of A.I drivers who exist for the sole purpose of hunting you down.
- Campaign. In campaign mode, you’ll encounter every type of enemy from Drivers to Warriors to Bosses. Defeat the A.I you’re tasked with to encounter the next one. If you survive, the weapons and specials possessed by your opponent become yours.
- More Games to Come. The R.E.V APP will be updated periodically with new and challenging games so your child will never run out of new ways to play!