Sinfully Delicious Sea Salt Buttercream Topped Chocolate Cupcakes pretty much says it all, doesn’t it? You ca cut the time and list of ingredients way down if you start with a box of chocolate cake mix, but I do think scratch makes a difference here.
You will need:
- 2 C sugar
- 1 3/4 C flour
- 3/4 C cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1 C whole milk, room temp
- 1/2 C canola
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 C boiling water
Chocolate Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream
- 3 C + 1/2 C powder sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3-5 TBSP heavy whipping cream.
- 1/4 tsp sea salt plus 1/8 for later
- caramel sauce for drizzle,
- Reeses topping mix pack.
Chocolate Cupcake Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tins with paper liners.
Whisk the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl.
Combine the eggs,milk, oil and vanilla in a bowl. Add this to the dry ingredients beating on medium until the batter is smooth.
Gradually add the boiling water, milk and oil and blend together until the batter is smooth.
Using a medium scoop fill the paper lined cupcake tins with the prepared batter.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Allow to slightly cool before transferring to wire racks.
Sea Salt buttercream Frosting Directions:
- Beat powder sugar, butter and sea salt in a bowl.
- Incorporate the vanilla
- Add in the heavy whipping cream, and continue to mix until stiff peaks form.
- Scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a large tip.
- Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the tip.
- Start by frosting on the outside edge of the cupcake working to the center of the cupcake.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce and then sprinkle the Reeses snack pack.
- sprinkle some of the remaining sea salt.