I may have been compensated for this post. If an item is being reviewed, I am not obligated to give a positive review and always use my own words. This disclosure is in accordance with Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Dannelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Patrick’s Day is the perfect time of year to give a little thanks to your child’s teacher for all they do. With a quick trip to your local dollar store, you can grab all of the supplies you need to create some fun and frugal St. Patrick’s Day gifts. You don’t have to be super crafty, as these gifts only take minutes to create. Take a peek below at how to make your own St. Patrick’s Day teachers gifts. They are a great way to get into the spirit of the holiday.
St. Patrick’s Day Pencil Holder
Teachers always have a wide variety of pens and pencils. Give teacher something he or she can use to keep all of these writing utensils organized and easy to grab. With a trip to your local dollar store, you can make your own St. Patrick’s Day pencil holder for around $3. Take a look.
Glass candle holder
Assorted green carnations (silk)
Green glass rocks
Hot glue, glue gun
1. Begin by popping the carnation blooms off the stems. Then, peel them apart so that you have the single layers of the flower to craft with.
2. Add a dab of glue to the back of each layer and begin pressing them to the glass candle holder. Repeat the process until the entire candle holder is covered in layers of green floral.
3. Cover the center of each floral (there will be a hole) with a green glass rock. Simply apply a generous dab of glue to the rock and press it to the center of the flower.
4. Fill the inside of the glass candle holder with the green rocks. This will help hold all of the pencils and pens in place.
Presto! You now have the perfect St. Patrick’s Day themed pencil holder! Now, let’s take a peek at how to create some festive pens to go in the holder.
Green silk carnation
Hot glue, glue gun
1. Begin by wrapping the ribbon around the base of the pen. Add a dab of glue to the end of the ribbon and start wrapping making your way to the top of the pen. Pull tightly as you wrap and secure with hot glue.
2. Take a green bloom and attach it to the top of the pen with a generous amount of hot glue. Press it firmly into place to make sure it adheres.
That’s it! Once your glue is dry you can tuck these festive pens directly into the pen holder for a fantastic St. Patrick’s Day look.
So gather your supplies and give these easy crafts a try. They make great St. Patrick’s Day gifts for teachers and are super fun for kids to create.
Best of all? They are crafts that your budget will love too. So give them a try and see what you can come up with!