When I taught my Coupon Class at the Stoughton Public Library, I had a few people ask me for more details about this. It’s really called Personal Essentials Pantry and is through the Watershed Community Church.
Who can use the pantry?
The Personal Essentials Pantry offers the essentials of personal and household hygiene to all individuals and families in need. The services are free; you don’t have to be registered with any agency; there’s no huge pile of paperwork to be filled out. If you are at or below the federally-approved DCFS income limits, you’re eligible for help from the Pantry.
You’re welcome whether you’re a single adult or a household of adults or a household with kids.
What items will be available?
Because our inventory is computer-managed, you may visit whenever you need, as often as you need, as many times as you need. (This doesn’t mean that you can get every product you want every time you come; but you should be able to get every product as often as it’s needed: product lifespans are adjusted for family size and normal product use.)
We can’t always guarantee that we have every item on the shopping list, but we try to have:
- toilet paper
- laundry detergent
- dish soap
- all-purpose cleaner
- toothbrushes & toothpaste
- feminine hygiene products
- shampoo & conditioner
- body soap
- baby wipes
When will the pantry be open?
The pantry is open from 2pm to 6pm on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month. No appointment is necessary. You are welcome to come at anytime from 2-6pm.
How can I help?
There are many ways you can play a part:
- Volunteer to help during the pantry open hours. We need hosts, baggers, and friendly faces.
- Volunteer to help behind the scenes with data entry, product sorting, product pickup and stocking.
- Bags! We especially need plastic shopping bags and gallon/quart/snack size storage bags.
- Make and drop-off snacks (cookies/brownies/etc.) for when the pantry is open.
- Donate to help startup and stock the pantry.
- Give regularly to keep the pantry stocked.
- Donate needed items to the pantry. Your donations are welcome. However, we can get special quantity pricing on most items, so encourage you to get the most bang for your buck by supporting the pantry financially.
How to reach them:
129 E Main St
Stoughton, WI 53589