I may have been compensated for this post. If an item is being reviewed, I am not obligated to give a positive review and always use my own words. This disclosure is in accordance with Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Dannelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tips for Buying Second Hand Clothing
With the cost of clothing always rising, you may be wondering how to dress for less. Take a look below at some helpful tips for buying second hand clothing. When you follow these tips, you can still snag quality, name brand clothing while spending less. Take a look at how easy it is, no matter who you are shopping for!
1. Allow yourself some time. When shopping at a second hand clothing store, give yourself plenty of time. You really need a good chunk of time to go through all of the items and racks piece by piece. This is the best way to be sure you see it all and aren’t missing any buried treasures.
2. Check out labels. Name brand clothing will always carry more value. Check the labels of the items you buy to see if they are a name brand. The item will carry more value and even get you more money when you decide to sell it back! You can also be assured that name brand items are often made with quality and durable materials.
3. Examine items carefully. A damaged item is not worth purchasing. Be sure to hold all items up in good light so you can see any stains, holes, or signs of wear. Should an item have any of these signs, pass on it. If you still really want it, ask the cashier if a discount can be offered due to the damage.
4. Find available discounts. Prior to shopping, see if the second hand store offers any discounts. Certain tags or colors may be discounted, a discount day may be offered, or they may offer a senior or student discount. Some shops even offer a discount if you bring in a donation. Find all available discounts prior to shopping and save.
5. Consider the basics. It is always smart to invest in basics: black pants, a good pair of jeans, a white blouse, a navy button up sweater, and solid maxi dresses. These are items that can be worn and used in multiple ways and made to dress up or dress down. Invest in these basics that are sure to give you lots of wear.
Give these shopping tips a try and you are sure to find great second hand clothing for less!